Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Pre-registration of .eu

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
Big Question:
Eurid in surnrise perios's is gonna work in a first order first served way, so if a aplly now in a registar for the domain games.eu and someone in the same registar applied too, the registar will send all the applications when ready and then they could check the other people first appliaction, right? How can i be sure that i will give a box of money and then see that another has aplliacted for the same name and he is in front of me in the sunrise period?

Is is possible registering trademarks in sunrise 1 too?

hi cogeek,
the registrar should also send the application in that way how he received it.
For sure there is a bit risk always left.
go to: www.markenservice.net (say them best wishes from me)
email them in english, they can help for trademarks (sunrise1) and they can say also how much trademarks for this word already exist.
sunrise1 are Trademarks
sunrise2 are Companynames, familynames...

Freddy

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Trademarks are much expensive!
Maybe it could be cheaper creating a company name?
But what's the differnce beteween german trademark, eu trademark and international trademark?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
Trademarks are much expensive!
Maybe it could be cheaper creating a company name?
But what's the differnce beteween german trademark, eu trademark and international trademark?

But with a well positioned trademark you limit your risk.
I think there is no possibility to check if a companyname is somewhere in european community registered. (25 member states)
But a trademark lawyer can check all TM Databases, and give you the guarantee that you apply alone (for the moment) for this TM.
The TM that you use for the .eu Domain should be a TM from one of the member states or a european community trademark. A US Trademark is not valid for a .eu Domain! Thats the difference. Thats the same for sunrise 2, the company names, a Australian Company Name is not valid.
If you go for a EU community trademark you or your TM Lawyer should check if the TM is not perhaps already registered somewhere in one of the member states from another Domaingrabber.

company names are in sunrise 2, so in sunrise 1 you are earlier getting your name. and the chances are growing.

Freddy

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mayb eyou are right but i don't think there would be a company called Chat or Forums(maybe from other domainers)!
Thanks for answering!
Another questionQ
Where can i pre-register domains for free and when sunsrise 2 ends they will be registered the domains which are available?

wohl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
Where can i pre-register domains for free and when sunsrise 2 ends they will be registered the domains which are available?

sorry, but i've decided to register a trademark on all words and phrases less than 100 characters long and will be applying for them all in the sunrise. There won't be any domains left for the landrush.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wohl said:
sorry, but i've decided to register a trademark on all words and phrases less than 100 characters long and will be applying for them all in the sunrise. There won't be any domains left for the landrush.

:)
I want to see it!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all the good ones are gone guys dont waste your money :)

I just reg'd every keyword ltd company avail in the top 500 list...heheheh

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wohl
okk so you are gona give 2.000$ for evry trademark, who are you? Bill Gates?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cogeek said:
okk so you are gona give 2.000$ for evry trademark, who are you? Bill Gates?

he said as "LTD", every LTD cost only 100 us$.
but you still can discuss the price.

so the trademarks in sunrise1 are still open. But!!! It is still first come first served insunrise 2 and 1.

You do not know on which position he is at which registrar! you even do not know, are his companynames correct or valid?

Freddy

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS said:
The Pre-Registrion of EuroDNS is leagal because we do not ask money for it. Understand it as an reminder service that you will not forget to send us all documents. If you pre-registrer a domain called "domains".eu you need in the first sunrise a European trademark for "domains" or in the second sunrise a european company called "Domains".
If you see at EuroDNS already a pre-registration for Domains, you can still pre-register with EuroDNS and your chance is still very high to get the domain, because there are not so much trademarks called "Domains"

good luck for the sunrise!

Freddy

O.K then freddy what happens if a dozen companies own "domains.eu" who gets it ?

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
O.K then freddy what happens if a dozen companies own "domains.eu" who gets it ?

hi BBD (britishbulldog)

it is first come first served inside the sunrise periodes.
I try to explain with an example:

you apply for a masterblaster.eu and master-blaster.eu in sunrise 2 (company names)
so your companyname should be masterblaster LTD or for example masterblaster AG in Germany.
You will apply at Registrar XY for your domains, he has already another preregistration for sunrise 2 but you dont know it. so, you are on second place. So first the other candidate will get the domain.
But the other Candidate that preregistered the domains was stupid and registered "masterblaster.eu LTD" as companyname, this is not valid.
When EurID will request from him the documents and see the wrong companyname they will reject the domain (immediately or after 40 days, I am not sure) and then you have the chance to get it.

I want to mention here that we are not the regitsry and the final rules are not published, but it is that what I heared from EurID during ICANN Meeting.

I hope that I could help a bit. I stay in the same fog as you guys!

Freddy

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking making a trademark but i found they cost 2000$(?) so you give 2000$ and you create forums, then you apply for sunrise and you see that other company has applied first so 2000$ for nothing, i woul dbetter invest them in .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom