Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Premium handling fees by Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have just recently sold a domain on Sedo auctions, not an earth-shattering or break the bank name, just a run of the mill domain name, total for the sale was only $350. A fair price for the name in question.

Out of this $350 Sedo is charging $150 because it is a ccTLD instead of their usual $50 fee! Why such a enhanced fee I ask, after all the auction ended on Saturday, buyer made contact with Sedo and immediately paid by PayPal, Tom Fell notified me the money had arrived in an email last night, I emailed nic.St registry this morning and the domain was transferred within 30 minutes to the new owners account. Now all Sedo have to do is await confirmation from the new owner and wire me my money!

Can I ask how do Sedo justify the extra $100 fee for this process?

I have emailed Tom Fell asking that all such suffix sales in future be on their lower standard terms and pointing out that the proceedure is much quicker and easier than many suffix's that they already charge the lower amount. Now all I can do is await a reply.

By the way I was aware of the differential price structuring prior to the sale but I feel so strongly about this that I actually transferred the sale to Sedo so that a documented case could be used to bring to light this onerous fee structure that bares no relation to work or costs involved on Sedo's behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom