Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

problems with ndparking.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaire

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It doesn´t work from here.
we get a error page but the domains using their dns are working fine.

Also if check ndparking.com at alertra.com you get a error.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i see a website at alertra.com not ND parking page
try changing the NS

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Alaire said:
Alertra is a site to test DNS... and it isn´t mine :)

But by example, do you can see http://www.contactos.es/ ?

I get a page "ndparking.com/contactos.es" not found page, but it is full of adds though, but its not a ND page, weird.

Alaire

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I get to same error if i try to visit "www.ndparking.com/contactos.es"

That site isn´t mine, but it uses ND and it doesn´t load, i think the domain ndparking.com has some dns problem.

is expired the domain ndparking.com??

http://whois.domaintools.com/ndparking.com

Record last updated on 2005-10-18 00:00:00
Record created on 2005-04-25 00:00:00
Record expires on 2006-04-25 00:00:00 ????

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just got back to see this. It seems this is a localised problem as it is working for some people and not for others. I have set tech on it and hopefully, it'll be resolved very asap.
As usual in these cases, you will be fairly compensated for the lost revenue. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's strange that it works in some parts of the world and not others.

Ed

UPDATE
Wow. I'm flabbergasted. Having looked into this, it seems our registrar has made a blunder on a monumental scale which will likely cost us several thousand dollars in compensating your revenue.
ndparking.com - on some DNS around the world - is currently not resolving as our registrar aplus.net somehow did not renew our domain. We foolishly believed that 'auto-renew' had some sort of automation invovled.
They have 2 databases: on one we were updated (as you can see from some Whois records) and on the other we were not. We are now. However, the DNS propagation will take a matter of hours.
It is hard to say what percentage of names are affected as, in some DNS records, the domains are resolving perfectly well.
You will naturally be compensated for any lost revenue, despite the fact that our only error here was in our choice of registrar. We will also be looking for a new registrar.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my ND portfolio it's not resolving too...

Alaire

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem continues with the domains redirected to ndparking.com.
The domains using their DNS are working fine.

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still noting!

I'm losing about $8/ $9 per day

Not a lot but you know...money is money after all.

I preferred redirecting my domain because that way I can mask domains using domain masking script.

TDH

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My domain(s) are not responding either from here in the Midlands (UK) or those others above as previously posted by others. It seems a great shame that ND should fall foul of such an error not wholly of there making. Very Challenging! Here's hoping that they can sort it out ASAP.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I cannot apologise enough for this. I was up at intervals through the night to check but it seems it's only just coming back online now.
It took so long, as you discussed among yourselves, as it had to propagate across DNS around the world.
This is an heinous error by our registrar. We are disgusted that they can let such a simple thing as an auto-renew. We are considering legal action and have already negotiated a registrar change with one of the most respected registrars in the world who's represented here in Vegas.
This has cost us not only in financial terms in the last hours, but also in future and for how we are perceived by customers past and present. It has been horribly frustrating to have to sit and wait for the DNS to propagate. I can only hope that you can show understanding for why this happened.

You will be fully compensated for any loss and with a bonus on top of that, there is nothing more than we can do to apologise and ensure you don't lose any money as a result of this.

If you have any questions about your individual account, you can of course contact me.

Ed

irongloves

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So,
I 've some questions:

1) In how many hours will be the situation back (as for now, redirecting is still down);

2) Will it happen again in the future?

Anyay I think you're right when you state "This has cost us not only in financial terms in the last hours, but also in future and for how we are perceived by customers past and present"

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Irongloves,

It's working for me in the US, it certainly seems to be coming online now.

As I have stated. This is something that was far out of our control. Despite the name being on auto-renew for the last 12 months and checking that it would be auto-renewed last month, the registrar simply did not auto-renew the domain. There was simply nohing we could do about this. Once we found out, we immediately informed the registrar, but once they had changed it, it took several hours for the DNS to propagate around the world. This was a matter of sitting and waiting, there was no way of speeding this process up, believe me, we tried.
Will it happen again? No. We are changing registrar as of today to a highly-respected provider.

You will be compensated, not only that, you will earn more than you would have earned because we will pay a bonus on top of the compensation. I hope this shows our dedication to making up for what, at the end of the day, was something we could only sit and watch in dismay as it unfolded out of our control.

Ed

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Today is going to be my worst day in terms of parking revenue just because of this DNS problem, when two days ago it was my best one. Anyway i support namedrive. Don't let this mistakes ruin all the good things of a parking service who gave us an alternative and competition to Sedo and others, and improved our business. I think we have to ask namedrive to pay more attention to any detail without loosing our trust in the service itself. We have the power and the rights to do so, but it would be unfair to judge all the works done untiled today because of this mistake.

I know i do not represent any other than me, but i couldn't avoid to share my 2 cents.

:)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
small hickup in the machine , no big deal , we have all been through worse I am sure , everyone will get their money as promised , as namedrive has had to payout before and did as promised , this will all be forgotten in a few days.

we all know namedrive should have regged the domain years ahead , they know that , we know that , lets move on.

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is exactly my point of view, searchsix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom