Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Product Name + Shop .com

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonProduction

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,Hopefully you guys know more about this.So I recently bought a .com domain name which consists out of an (upcoming) products name with the word shop attached to it.The product is from a well known company, yet the product name does not appear to be registered as a trademark.(For as far as I can tell, from looking up the tm databases online)So I assume it's okay for me to have registered the domain name?Now if the brand would have the product name trademarked later on, can they just take my domain name or am I safe?The idea is obviously to sell the actual product on the website once it launches.Also should I worry about possible legal actions taken against me if I would do that or is it allowed?To clarify here's an example:Let's say Samsung launches a new product called the "UniverseTab" (universetab not trademarked at this time)So I register UniverseTabShop.com with the idea to sell Samsung UniverseTabs, is that ok?All feedback is welcome!Thanks!

Domain summit 2024

Eurorealtor

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Now if the brand would have the product name trademarked later on, can they just take my domain name or am I safe?

As far as I know, if you apply for a TM, you fill up when the name come first time in use, so I believe if they can proof, the name / product was released before you have registered
the domain, they may eventually claim the domain, even they'll get the TM after the domain registration. Just my 2 cents.
Hope you'll get more replies. Good luck.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anybody can sue anybody for anything.
...something to remember.

Is it worth the risk? ... and there definitely is a huge risk with this approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom