Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Purchased expired domain and sold it 7 days later for $250

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
congrats!

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice.

one man's junk is another man's treasure

i have had few of those - bought a domain here for low xx and sold it x,xxx within a few months.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good job!

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name was sex.com he got it on a drop we all missed it. End user camE by offered him $250 he didn't want to negotiate so he took the offer.

Ahhh wish someone will come to get my sex.net ;( o man this business is hard

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The name was sex.com he got it on a drop we all missed it. End user camE by offered him $250 he didn't want to negotiate so he took the offer.

Ahhh wish someone will come to get my sex.net ;( o man this business is hard

Gems like the one you own are hard to sell cause your price is high. Domains I buy and sell target small businesses and small firms. The odd time I get lucky and sell a name around $500-$3000. It's very rare but love it when it happens. Selling domains in today's market is very hard, no one is spending money on domains, they rather register a reg fee domain and spend the money your asking for your domain on marketing (PPC on Search Engines)!

mxdominios

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To be quiet honest, I only received the domain 24 hours ago and sold it with in 12 hours - took 7 days for the transfer.

What was it? a pending delete or pre release?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A sale that made me very happy was CareerCow.com, bought for reg fee, sold for $500 a day later. I was typing in random domains when I thought up of 'CareerCow' and registered it on a whim. A day later, I get an email offering me $350. I push for $500, the guy agrees, and I'm suddenly richer by $492.

You gotta love this business when stuff like that happens. Funny part is, that domain is still in parking!

keyword

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh I love it when I hear domain sales like this well done you, had quite a few myself it always makes you smile when you invest reg fee and sell for $xxxx later on
may not always be a quick sale, but the most money I have made domaining has always been from reg fees. I don't really hand reg I prefer to go after domains that
catch my eye in the drop it's amazing what people are leaving behind nowadays.

Last edited:

holypeter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Love buying expired domains and selling them with a quick turn around. $xx investment and $XXX profit :)

I do this on a monthly basis, love domaining.

that`s great ,how did you do that? i want to learn. I have lost some dollars trying to do that

holypeter

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't buy expired domains unless I know their is end users that could benefit from it. With this sale I targeted New Jersey's Law District.

great info,then how do find end user for the particular domain?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Congratulations :)

You got to love those quick turnarounds, Something we all have less of today since back ordering went to the auction platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom