Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Pushing Domians To Auction at Sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainiac.me

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi I had success with one domain that I turned an offer into an auction and was happy with the results I received. Has anyone got any ideas on how to get a domain pushed to auction at Sedo?

I'm happy to start reserves at around $100 for a lot of .me domains I have and then just taking whatever the highest bid is after the 7 day auction, but getting the initial offer seems to be the thing in the way of making some good money on my domain portfolio.

Does anyone have good ideas on getting domains pushed to auction at Sedo?

I want to stay away from eBay auctions. If anyone has had good success with domain auctions elsewhere I would be happy to know where you would recommend as well.

Thanks for your help!

Warmly,

Michael Ray Walker

Yofie

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have never used it myself, but there is a site called PushToAuction.com that allows you to list domains at $60 and people can send them to auction at Sedo.com . From what I see, the service is Free.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can post you names for sale here on the forum and ask for offers. if you get one, then pm that person and ask them to make the offer thru sedo so you can start an auction.

however, do not put any links to sedo auctions in your sales threads, unless it is listed in "External Links" section.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you obviously didn't READ what i posted, which is why the sales thread you created got closed.

S

SedoCoUk

I have never used it myself, but there is a site called PushToAuction.com that allows you to list domains at $60 and people can send them to auction at Sedo.com . From what I see, the service is Free.

Hello all,

Please note that Sedo is in no way affiliated with the site PushtoAuction.com and we do not recommend listing your domains there. We have had several incidences of non-paying buyers which have resulted in members’ domains being delisted for sale with us.

Please let me know if you have any questions regarding this.

- Lisa

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Please note that Sedo is in no way affiliated with the site PushtoAuction.com and we do not recommend listing your domains there. We have had several incidences of non-paying buyers which have resulted in members’ domains being delisted for sale with us.

- Lisa

Thanks for that response!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've always said that threads for domains being listed on DNForum as "in an external auction" whereas they have no bids should be closed.

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

- Lisa
Lisa,

I worked directly with Mark Klein (Director of Business Development) and Tom Fell (North American Risk Management Coordinator) when the site launched. I kept Tom informed of several hundred domains that were sent to auction because of the site, and he was not able to find any correlation between an auction being started from the site and the sale not completing (any more than usually happens on Sedo). I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Also, I would like to point out that the visitors who make the initial offers through my site are rarely the winners of the auction, because what is supposed to happen does happen... Sedo's wide audience kicks in and leads to a good sale. It is that audience which is not following through with the purchases, not mine.

In fact the only thing that really holds true about your comment is that Sedo isn't affiliated with my site. The rest is nonsense...

Michael

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lisa,

I worked directly with Mark Klein (Director of Business Development) and Tom Fell (North American Risk Management Coordinator) when the site launched. I kept Tom informed of several hundred domains that were sent to auction because of the site, and he was not able to find any correlation between an auction being started from the site and the sale not completing (any more than usually happens on Sedo). I'm not sure where you are getting your information from.

Also, I would like to point out that the visitors who make the initial offers through my site are rarely the winners of the auction, because what is supposed to happen does happen... Sedo's wide audience kicks in and leads to a good sale. It is that audience which is not following through with the purchases, not mine.

In fact the only thing that really holds true about your comment is that Sedo isn't affiliated with my site. The rest is nonsense...

Michael

Well spoken Mike.

I have 2 deals with Sedo now, one nearing a month past due, and the bidders haven't paid. Amazingly they didn't come from your site Mike. You run a good site with a good idea and no harm to anyone. Non paying bidders has nothing to with pushtoauction.com but rather Sedo's lax policy's and enforcement of buyer's commitment. It's almost a joke if you get a bid at Sedo. You only have a 50% chance of having the deal completed.

Keep up the good work Mike.

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give everyone an update that the Cheif Operating Officer and General Counsel for Sedo cleared us to keep running the site and to promote it on the forums.

As long as it remains clear that Sedo does not own/operate/endorse the site, and that buyers should only make offers if they will complete the sale, everything is good to go.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to give everyone an update that the Cheif Operating Officer and General Counsel for Sedo cleared us to keep running the site and to promote it on the forums.

As long as it remains clear that Sedo does not own/operate/endorse the site, and that buyers should only make offers if they will complete the sale, everything is good to go.

Awesome news. Congrats Mike and thanks for letting us know. It's a win/win for both Sedo and your site.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

- Lisa

Lisa,

Yes I do have questions for you.

Do you have any evidence that PushToAuction has a higher non-pay ratio than Sedo itself? I've had non-payers at Sedo and they didn't come from PushToAuction.

Obviously it is a needed service which Sedo itself has failed to provide for their clients. Now - I'm going to recommend that Sedo develops a "no-reserve" section that you even can require people to have their names parked with you. For obvious reasons people need to do that anyway to pay 10% sales fee instead of the $50 minimum.

Lisa - please provide the dnforum community for a legitimate reason why Sedo has not implemented a "no reserve" section which will do nothing but the following things

1. Aid your clients in selling more domains which sticks money in their pocket and in Sedo's pocket. (Sounds smart to me)

2. Aid your clients in locating good domains available at potential fantastic prices instead of having those names hidden within 11.5 million of domain listings (Sounds smart to me)

3. Increase the number of domains parked at Sedo (if you make that requirement)

If any other dnforum members would like to see a permanant "no reserve" section at Sedo ..... please chime in.

(Note - I think Sedo is great! I also believe their recent special "no reserve" auction sold quite a few of names)

Michael

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Larry,

Sedo doesn't have any evidence that PTA causes a higher non-pay ratio, actually it is quite the contrary. I worked with their Risk Management Coordinator to track several hundred auctions started through my site, and he found that PTA was sending good leads to Sedo, and that it did not have a higher rate of non-paying bidders. This was a big part of finally getting Sedo's "ok" to run the site.

They are truly committed to not only the quality of their marketplace, but also keeping their members happy. It would have been easier for them to tell me to stop running the site, but instead they kept an open mind and worked with me to make it happen.

In regards to your suggestion, allowing people to start their own no-reserve auctions at-will wouldn't really help. The auction area would be cluttered with absolute garbage. Requiring a domain to receive an offer before an auction can be started is the best way to automatically filter for quality. The problem with this method is that it is hard for domains to get noticed and receive that initial offer even if they are good... that's where my site comes in.

The only way for auctions to do well is to have a lot of buyers, and the only way to do that is to only have quality inventory. If there is a lot of crap, the buyers will go somewhere else, and the sellers will follow suit, and nobody will win. My site has the effect of filtering out the crap that people want to send to auction at Sedo without cluttering up Sedo's site. Buyers are happy, and sellers are happy.

Anyway, just my $0.02. I don't speak for Sedo, and my site is not affiliated with Sedo in any way.

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Larry,

Sedo doesn't have any evidence that PTA causes a higher non-pay ratio, actually it is quite the contrary. I worked with their Risk Management Coordinator to track several hundred auctions started through my site, and he found that PTA was sending good leads to Sedo, and that it did not have a higher rate of non-paying bidders. This was a big part of finally getting Sedo's "ok" to run the site.

They are truly committed to not only the quality of their marketplace, but also keeping their members happy. It would have been easier for them to tell me to stop running the site, but instead they kept an open mind and worked with me to make it happen.

In regards to your suggestion, allowing people to start their own no-reserve auctions at-will wouldn't really help. The auction area would be cluttered with absolute garbage. Requiring a domain to receive an offer before an auction can be started is the best way to automatically filter for quality. The problem with this method is that it is hard for domains to get noticed and receive that initial offer even if they are good... that's where my site comes in.

The only way for auctions to do well is to have a lot of buyers, and the only way to do that is to only have quality inventory. If there is a lot of crap, the buyers will go somewhere else, and the sellers will follow suit, and nobody will win. My site has the effect of filtering out the crap that people want to send to auction at Sedo without cluttering up Sedo's site. Buyers are happy, and sellers are happy.

Anyway, just my $0.02. I don't speak for Sedo, and my site is not affiliated with Sedo in any way.

I absolutely believe you have a low non-pay ratio. Quite honestly I honestly wish your site had more exposure/traffic and that we would see a lot more of "current auctions" coming from your site.

You are right that there would be a lot of crap names listed in the "No Reserve" section if Sedo had a section like that but I don't believe the buyers/sellers would go elsewhere. I mean... right now sellers domains are hidden among 11.5 million domains and they aren't leaving. Buyers can not find the "no reserve" domains currently at Sedo so they currently have to sift thru 11.5 million domains and often make the $60 minimum bids that everyone is tired of getting on quality domains (that they aren't interested in selling at no reserve) - buyers aren't leaving right now at Sedo.

I am not saying to have all no reserve auctions entered into the live auctions but to have a special "no reserve" category that does the same filtering process that your site does. Auctions don't go live until they have a bid.

I realize that if Sedo did do something like this that it would make it impossible for you to conduct your current business model ..... but I want exposure for my names that I am willing to "push to auction" at no reserve and Sedo has that massive exposure.

S

SedoCoUk

Lisa,

Yes I do have questions for you.

Do you have any evidence that PushToAuction has a higher non-pay ratio than Sedo itself? I've had non-payers at Sedo and they didn't come from PushToAuction.

Obviously it is a needed service which Sedo itself has failed to provide for their clients. Now - I'm going to recommend that Sedo develops a "no-reserve" section that you even can require people to have their names parked with you. For obvious reasons people need to do that anyway to pay 10% sales fee instead of the $50 minimum.

Lisa - please provide the dnforum community for a legitimate reason why Sedo has not implemented a "no reserve" section which will do nothing but the following things

1. Aid your clients in selling more domains which sticks money in their pocket and in Sedo's pocket. (Sounds smart to me)

2. Aid your clients in locating good domains available at potential fantastic prices instead of having those names hidden within 11.5 million of domain listings (Sounds smart to me)

3. Increase the number of domains parked at Sedo (if you make that requirement)

If any other dnforum members would like to see a permanant "no reserve" section at Sedo ..... please chime in.

(Note - I think Sedo is great! I also believe their recent special "no reserve" auction sold quite a few of names)

Hello Larry,

We appreciate your feedback as we are continuously working on ways to improve the marketplace, as well as assist sellers in liquidating their domains.

The system you are describing is essentially already in place, in that with each the buyer would have to submit an offer. The difference is our current marketplace provides sellers with more flexibility. The seller has the choice at the time of offer whether or not to start an auction. In regards to pricing, the minimum offer/price requirement of 60 USD/GBP/EUR is in place due to our current minimum commission structure.

Currently I do not have information regarding product management projects to share with you. However, I can tell you that we are working to overhaul our search system, which may help address some of your concerns. You will receive notification of any changes or developments that may occur.

From your post it seems that one of your main concerns is getting your domains noticed. Below are a couple of suggestions I can offer:

• List your domains with an asking price. Listing a domain with a price will always generate more bids than a domain listed as "Make Offer" without a price specified. Also, using our current search system buyers can filter their searches by price. You may also want to consider listing your domain with a fixed price.

• Consider ordering a Showcase. These types of domain promotions place a domain in a more visible location within the catalogue as well as make a domain easier to find when buyers browse the homepage or categories. Most buyers will start in these areas, and a showcase or featured listing can increase the chances of selling by up to five times.

• If possible, you should choose at least two categories for each domain you list. Not only will the domain be available through searches, it will appear in more locations to browsing buyers. More categories = more exposure.

• If you feel you have a premium domain then consider applying for one of our Premium Auctions. You should also keep an eye out for Themed Auction Events we may be hosting, such as our recent "No Reserve" Auction.​

Please let me know if you have any questions or visit our Customer Support Center at support.sedo.com.

Thanks!

Lisa

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PushToAuction is a nice site.

H

H2FC

using our current search system buyers can filter their searches by price.

Please let me know if you have any questions or visit our Customer Support Center at support.sedo.com.

Thanks!

Lisa

Hello Lisa,

I would like to filter my search to pull up the complete list of sedo domains with a minimum offer request of $60. ONLY those please, can you explain how to do that?

Thanks....

S

SedoCoUk

Hello Lisa,

I would like to filter my search to pull up the complete list of sedo domains with a minimum offer request of $60. ONLY those please, can you explain how to do that?

Thanks....

Hello H2FC,

You can search for domains with prices between 1-300 and then filter the results using the advanced search. At this time our search tool does not offer the functionality to search for one specific price.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Lisa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom