Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Quality or quantity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think you can have a large quantity of quality domains. You can still find good two word dot coms at the reg fee. Selling domains is a numbers game. If you have a thousand good names, it's quite possible to sell a couple a month on average in the couple hundred dollar range. You have to play smart by parking them with "For Sale" pages and setting "Buy It Now" prices that are reasonable ($299 to $599). Also, you need to promote them at multiple outlets, in order to provide maximum exposure for your collection. If you buy a premium one word for $2K to $5K, you may find that it is not liquid (or at least at the amount you paid for it). The example of putting all your eggs in one basket comes in to play here...

If you do decide to go with a few expensive names, it can be extremely profitable, but it's a gamble. You might try offering lowball amounts in the $1.5K to $2K range to different owners of great names. Sometimes they'll be impatient and decide to sell prematurely. Once you get one of these names, it's your turn to sit on it. Don't bother trying that strategy on known domain professionals.

Before spending almost $7K on a collection, be sure to invest in reading material and research to learn advanced techniques at name selection.

You almost need to have gotten in on the good names at the beginning. It is quite a challenge to find available names that someone would pay thousands for. You're up against people with advanced name selection methods (like BuyDomains). I've heard of some people that have programs that automatically register keyword domains. So, do your research and play it smart. You'll only survive if you find a competitive advantage in the domain arena.

Developing names is a very wise move. It is smart to buy good names, develop them to harvest traffic, and cash in.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
General Bill's statement above is excellent.

The three major strategies he pointed out are

1. Asset Diversification

2. Cash Flow Management

3. Continous Innovation

(I said it so our resident MBA's Scorpio and Tigga
would understand it. ) :-D

SFSun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, I like registering a lot of average names and than develop them into quality websites.

serra

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SFSun said:
For me, I like registering a lot of average names and than develop them into quality websites.
Same for me. My Catchy domain names can always beat other better ones on the search engines. And since they are catchy people curious what it is about. But content is always King. Get free content on my Website ;)

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having a large quantity of High Quality domains is the best dream one can have...
Quality is imp....

bladex5k

Been Around the Block
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scorpio is completely right.

And zongoo.com has a nice amount of content, lol.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains said:
Do you want 1000 1972 Ford Pintos, or 1 Lambourghini! You can profit from either ... what would be your choice? :D

lol, I hope I never come across 1000 ford pintos....

You can combine quality and quantity. There are millions of mid grade domains out there, for those who can't afford top dollar.

Just don't register tons of crap domains for the sake of having a large portfolio. :goofy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom