Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Qualtiy of Traffic Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why would that be a red flag.
The domains are all owned by seperate companies and I manage the domains on their behalf.

Amazing that Yahoo/Parked were happy to be complicate in what obviously has been verging on Fraud, not committed by the domain owners, but by them selling our "shit" traffic to their advertisers for so long!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's scandalous that they use legit traffic, collect the money and then claim the traffic produced no sales. Maybe the products or services were shit to begin with!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com can do whatever it wants under its TOS. However, I don't know why people are still parking there as they may be banned tomorrow and not receive compensation.

Its capitalism people, if you don't like their policies, don't use them. Unless you can prove they are breaking the TOS, you have no recourse.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com can do whatever it wants under its TOS. However, I don't know why people are still parking there as they may be banned tomorrow and not receive compensation.

Its capitalism people, if you don't like their policies, don't use them. Unless you can prove they are breaking the TOS, you have no recourse.

completely agree to you ! It is Parked company who establish its own rules , not any others . You only have the choices to join or not .

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes but it seems they might be unable to operate their own PPC system correctly, how else would they be displaying adds to my traffic and paying 30-40 cents per click on average to me, and then 4 months down the track deciding that my traffic is not very good quality and terminating my account instead of just filtering any traffic deemed low quality and sending it to my alternative address?

Seems they have stuffed up and are covering their butts for not meeting their PPC providers high conversion requirements, and every dollar recouped from a terminated account helps cover the risk of getting chargebacks.

Anyhow, although I used to sing praises for Parked I now advise anyone still there that the risk is too great, the time is here to move on...on the 7th once you have been paid of couse!

I wont be posting any further comments here though because it was great while it lasted and I dont believe in being one of the knockers...

:amen:

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But the most important part is that if you are an advertiser and you convert 1 in 50 on average, Yahoo/Google know this. So if I send you 500 clicks, in theory, it should get 10 conversions.

This is wrong math. I do not care how many clicks was per lead, I care how much money was per lead. So If I have 500 clicks for $0.02 and one converts, I paid $10 per conversion which was 1:500
Or I can have 100 clicks for $0.20 and one converts, I paid $20 per conversion which was 1:100. So In Donnys theory he prefer those $20 per lead instead of $10 per lead, because he got it only for 100 clicks ?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This whole thing about conversion rates is very fishy. If an advertiser expects a specific conversion rate, then they should be using Pay Per Conversion rather than pay per click. Of course they don't want to do this because 99% of publishers simply won't be interested in presenting their advertisements. It seems advertisers are getting the best of both worlds; they use an improper format to advertise their product and then don't pay unless they get the results they want.

Seems to me that pay per click should not be used by advertisers expecting immediate action and direct results. By definition, that should be pay per conversion. Pay per click should be used by advertisers looking for exposure. The Publishers job is to bring the eyeballs, they have no control beyond that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom