Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Question about Domain Catchers

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive got a few questions about domain catchers like snapnames and godaddy. There are a few names set to expire today, for example, and godaddy doesn't have the option to backorder for some reason... does that mean that its already taken or something, because WHOIS stills says that they are pending delete. Also, for godaddys backorder you have to pay ahead of time, and cannot get a refund right? But for snapnames, supposedly they don't charge your credit card until after, how does this work? So basically snapnames is no risk, since you only pay if you win, and can cancel at any time? Would love some clarification... thanks in advance

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's always best to read the info provided on the actually site, rather than get second-hand info.

but, for godaddy, if it's already backordered there, then you cannot backorder it.

at snapnames, you only pay, when you win the auction for that domain.
you can delete a name from your list at any time, unless it has been caught by snap.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But today, for example, I backordered 3 domains on Snapnames.com that are set to expire today. In the account status it says that they are backordered, but under "Domain Status", it says "releases on N/A"... shouldn't they know the date that it drops (today). How should I interpret this? Does it mean that I backordered it too late maybe? Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainstrike said:
But today, for example, I backordered 3 domains on Snapnames.com that are set to expire today. In the account status it says that they are backordered, but under "Domain Status", it says "releases on N/A"... shouldn't they know the date that it drops (today). How should I interpret this? Does it mean that I backordered it too late maybe? Thanks

the domain may have been renewed.

domainstrike

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ugh : (..... thanks

Oh yea, Ive got one more question if you dont mind.... I know that there are these huge lists of expiring domains for each day...... Does EVERY SINGLE expiring/dropping domain make it on these lists? Or do some drop secretly, and not make the list? I mean, if everyone can see every single domain thats dropping... it kind of makes it impossible to get anything better than an OK name, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom