Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past I have consistently pointed to Godaddy as my favorite registrar, with Enom and Moniker following. I dont use any others at this time, the user interfaces are all different and time consuming to mess around with.

However, Moniker is very fast now, and stable. I like it. Very crisp. So I am starting to reg more domains there now. They still lack a lot of things, but at least its fast. Godaddy is so slow, when you pull up the domain list, and it locks up firefox until the list is fully done. Godaddy has an error in the process of starting a domain transfer; I cannot get to the cart. And Godaddy still plops domains into their own ppc when you renew it slightly late, and it stays there after renewing it; and also their registration process can, at times, ignore your default dns in favor of their own ppc - this is bad, I really hate these shady practices. And DNS updates at godaddy take forever. Hmmm this list is getting long.

Enom is solid overall and the DNS is very fast but if you dont have a premium membership you cannot update Contacts, and they charge for URL forwarding. I am seriously considering leaving Enom. if i cant update Contacts, its just ridiculous. I tried Enom support and its just a membership level thing; for me to update contacts now I have to manually type the entire domain record at Enom. Its beyond ridiculous. Moniker does not do these things!

And Moniker is the cheapest for .net and .org, MUCH cheaper than Godaddy.

Kevin

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past I have consistently pointed to Godaddy as my favorite registrar, with Enom and Moniker following. I dont use any others at this time, the user interfaces are all different and time consuming to mess around with.

However, Moniker is very fast now, and stable. I like it. Very crisp. So I am starting to reg more domains there now. They still lack a lot of things, but at least its fast. Godaddy is so slow, when you pull up the domain list, and it locks up firefox until the list is fully done. Godaddy has an error in the process of starting a domain transfer; I cannot get to the cart. And Godaddy still plops domains into their own ppc when you renew it slightly late, and it stays there after renewing it; and also their registration process can, at times, ignore your default dns in favor of their own ppc - this is bad, I really hate these shady practices. And DNS updates at godaddy take forever. Hmmm this list is getting long.

Enom is solid overall and the DNS is very fast but if you dont have a premium membership you cannot update Contacts, and they charge for URL forwarding. I am seriously considering leaving Enom. if i cant update Contacts, its just ridiculous. I tried Enom support and its just a membership level thing; for me to update contacts now I have to manually type the entire domain record at Enom. Its beyond ridiculous. Moniker does not do these things!

And Moniker is the cheapest for .net and .org, MUCH cheaper than Godaddy.

Kevin

Thanks for the shout out Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom