Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

re: "Thread Starter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see at the top of a forum you can sort it by title or Thread Starter. That is nice but I dont know what Thread Starter means. The OP started a thread and that post is the first post, so dont we always know who the thread "starter" is? and why 2 terms now, OP and Thread Starter?

Secondly, why is there a big graphic in my signature that says Thread Starter? i dont get that at all.

Finally, a suggestion: when i go to Edit Signature, put a note there about what this Thread Starter is; becuase that is the natural step a person might take, if they are curious about this thing in their signature.

Thanks,

Kevin

Upvote 0
I

impactadmin

Hi,

I think thread starter is pretty clear in terms of what it means when someone sees it.

Means they started the thread.

Thanks

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm going to make a Thread Starter signature image so that I confuse everyone :D

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

There :D

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Hi,
I think thread starter is pretty clear in terms of what it means when someone sees it.
Means they started the thread.
Thanks

Sorry, its not clear at all; becuase it does not work. Here are 2 example threads; the OP (we always called it OP in the past, so why a new term?) posts later in his own thread; and in his later posts it does not say Thread Starter. So i dont get this at all. Examples (and there are more):

http://www.dnforum.com/f283/mtb-net-thread-428025.html
http://www.dnforum.com/f496/mmaczar-com-mmabiker-com-thread-426803.html

I have seen other threads where it was not working; hence my confusion. I honestly thought it was meant to be some kind of promotion to start new threads, which also does not make a lot of sense either.

What does make sense is to call it OP and make a small graphic for this; NOT in the signature. If have a signature then it should only what we make it. It bugs me to have the signature changed. And it does not need to be so big either. I would put it right by the username, e.g.

ksinclair o {OP}​

- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom