Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

RealNames Needs Balance, Restraint & Maturity If He Hopes To Make DNF A Success

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealNames, out of respect for the first anniversary of the tragic September 11th events, I refrained from posting yesterday. You seemed to have felt otherwise. To each his own, I suppose.

Instead, you indulged yourself in an embarrassing temper tantrum, the likes of which have not been seen in this forum for some time. It is obvious that you are the "rumored" buyer, even though you continue squirming around the issue, perhaps in an effort to wriggle out of a deal you now realize was ill-advised.

Here's what I have to say to you about your ridiculous behaviour to me and others yesterday...take it as you will...

You wrote to me in another thread, "Miles, you first were unbusinesslike."

Absolutely incorrect. You, Realnames, wrote the following to me, which is one of the most unbusinesslike things I have ever had thrown my way: "Perhaps you may reconsider or rephrase your comments below. Thanks." [This is reference to my opinion regarding the key role the old mods played in making this site a success...an opinion I still hold.]

"Reconsider?...Rephrase?" Do you ever read your own posts, Realnames? Judging by how often you edit your posts, I'd have to guess yes, although you seem to be editing the wrong things.

This "suggestion" of yours sounds like something out of communist Russia.

If you disagree with something someone wrote, Realnames, state your disagreement and your reasons. Don't tell them to "rephrase." This isn't an interrogation.

Your utter, absolute and completely nutsy post accusing me of causing a "fire-storm" (only in your own head, Realnames) by stating my take on DNF and what made it good was ludicrous. I'd be ashamed if I wrote something like that. You're not going to keep many members if you demand a retraction anytime someone says something that you don't agree with.

If you really have bought this site, Realnames, you should print off and study how the mods kept the peace, while managing to express their own personal views in a calm, professional, mature manner. Throwing your little temper tantrums won't get you, or this site, very far.

Realnames, you've got a lot to learn about how to communicate in a business environment with maturity, balance and professionalism. As I said before--which the temper tantrum you threw yesterday shows to be all too true--you really need to grow up. Dan, at 16, has shown a lot more character than you.

Miles

Upvote 0

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Children,

Lets all calm down. It seems that gregr was the voice of reason in this thread.
Lets follow his example, and just drop this nonsense.

I, for one, plan on popping in to both forums, and seeing how the dust settles. I have no interest in slagging anyone, or getting into a thus vs. them battle.

Really. Don't we have more important things to do with our time? This still seems like a vibrant forum, save for all of the bitching back and forth between the former mods supporters and the "new" regime. If any topic needs
"moderation" this is the one!

Time to give it a rest, and get back to discussing domain related issues.

I propose a DnF vs. DS moratorium!

Enough already! :D

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
I, for one, plan on popping in to both forums, and seeing how the dust settles. I have no interest in slagging anyone, or getting into a thus vs. them battle.

Time to give it a rest, and get back to discussing domain related issues.

I propose a DnF vs. DS moratorium!

Enough already! :D

Sounds like a plan to me!

:D BD

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never saw more guest than members on this board until now.
Are there spies among us or are people afraid to be seen here? :D

Or is it just a coincidence? :confused:

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox
This still seems like a vibrant forum, save for all of the bitching back and forth between the former mods supporters and the "new" regime.

When I have seen these battles break out on forums I have always wondered how people got themselves into the middle of such firefights. I certainly never envisioned myself in one. However, for the simple act of posting an opinion, Realnames came out and labeled me a "supporter" of the mods who was trying to bring this forum down.

I will say it again - I do not know any of the 3 mods personally, nor do I know Realnames or Dan. I do respect what the mods did here and I respect what Dan has done here. I too plan to visit both boards. However I will not sit still and let RealNames or anyone else try to label me as something I am not without responding.

For those who are upset by this, I might suggest that you read the subject line before clicking on a thread (it works much like a TV dial - if you don't like what is on a particular channel, go to another channel). This will save you from reading about anything you do not want to read about.

P.S. I should also add, there is no "new" regime. Dan still owns this forum. I think it is becoming clear there will be no new regime (hpopefully with the exception of some new mods). If you were referring to RealNames as the "new" regime - he is not. He almost certainly will not be. I don't believe he ever was a real potential buyer for DNF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators