Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Received a C&D 2 1/2 weeks after a sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have lost several names to Mark Monitor and they are parked at DS...lol

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a little more relaxed with this. They said that they were going to send me a DHL letter next day (in case I didn't respond to the email) and I did get it. The return address was correct but I checked the tracking number and it came from the same zip code.

mkellerman

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When anyone sells a name it should go without saying that it is not the subject of a C&D. If someone receives a C&D and then sells a name, I'd regard that as bad faith whether I asked them about it or not. At the same time, in this case we don't know if the seller had received a C&D or not.

It is important to be careful of fake C&Ds from fraudsters who claim to be a TM holder, but actually just want to get their hands on the domain.

When you say the name is at Sedo, do you mean that they haven't updated the DNS and you are still receiving revenue?

I'm sure "out of pocket expenses" just means the reg cost ($7 or whatever). Not worth bothering with if you ask me.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had it in my Sedo account for a few days then moved it over to Parked. When they got it, the DNS pointed to Sedo but the parked page was one as if the DNS pointed to it but it wasn't in anyone's account.

Now, it is pointing to their site. :(

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
give them the name, make a mental note that whilst it may be chance, the seller may also have lied (so don't deal with them again), and move on. Unfortunately you have to take the odd hit in this type of trade.

Agree.
Give them the domain for free and you're free :)

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I offer a name for sale here..or anywhere including an end user, I will include this in my "Fine Print"...

"If you feel there may be TM issues please do your own due diligence prior to making an offer. All sales are final.
If I have ever received C&D or any other legal notices, on any domain I am selling, up to and including the day of the sale...I will declare it.

I declare that if I have EVER received any C&D or other legal notices up to and including the day of the sale, I will declare it...

Pretty straight forward...I think this kind of disclosure should be expected.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom