Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Regarding a maybe great 3200$ DRT find today

Status
Not open for further replies.

magickid

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I managed to find a domain today with OVT 799 /w ext.
Auto appraised value 3200$ also PR5.

Screenshot: http://hjem.wanadoo.dk/~wan34095/aircamair.jpg

My heart jumped and i started running on the walls :)

Regged it without double checking results, and when i did i got 0 on ovt 0 on pr and 0 on backlinks :(

How could DRT be so wrong in the first scan ?.
Or is it because OVT changed month or something ?

When using 150 working proxies my scan record was 11k domains in 7 hours before all started to timeout.

MagicKid

Domain Days 2024

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tip of the iceberg! I don`t want to discredit the DRT tool here though i own, it does not make me to be proud at all!! First of all it is too slow on my PC, in addition even though whenever i scan i use at least 150 proxies most of my scans are timed out:(. This is discouraging after spending so much on something which doesn`t live up to my expectations!!!

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Keep your hands off automatic domain appraisals. They are useless. Only experienced domainers can professionally evaluate domain names.

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know much about DRT, but I always double check, and even triple check names using several sites i.e seologs, pagerank.info etc, and some of my own tools.

Then I reg.

I understand your excitement, but next time try to keep cool and follow up on data checks.

magickid

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hehe, sure will do triple check next time.

Im very new at this domaining thing, but learning the hard way :)

Edit: Found another 1 scoring 87 on OVT, and 1 with 510 backlinks PR5.
Both triple checked, both had 0 of everything, so i just aborted the scan, no point in scanning 80k domains if results are incorrect. :(

Grrr, now my catch aircamair.com saying OVT 799 w/ext again.
Would you guys please check for me, and see what you get as result.

MagicKid

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
magickid said:
Grrr, now my catch aircamair.com saying OVT 799 w/ext again.
Would you guys please check for me, and see what you get as result.

there is nothing wrong with the tool ....the proxy u use returned this number.
NEVER use a proxy for OVT checks..amount of data is so small that a proxy may keep it in its cache for many months.

I use a tool which I can put a delay in seconds between OVT cheks - delays more BUT OVT never banned my ip for years now.

just my 2 cents

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Could be Google messing with things right now.
They are doing a PR update.
Not sure if its done yet.

Might want to hold off on name searches while it finishes up.

We will see.

Maybe do some developing or research while G "dances"

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't say about the PR ....microsoft.com shows PR4 :)))))

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm the creator of DRT.

Overture updated recently. DRT uses cached results to speed up many scans including Overture and PR. That domain DID have an Overture score of 799 either last month or the month before (whenever it was cached). It has a score of 0 now.

PR is also being updated right now. Also, dropped domains do not retain PR (sometimes they do, sometimes they don't, it's very hard to predict). This is why some PR scans may be off. Google it seems has not yet completed their update.

Finally, regarding slow scans. This depends on many factors. PC speed, connection speed, proxy usage/quality and time of month. Overture just updated and it is getting hammered. Response times are extremely slow no matter if you do one query by hand or using DRT.

Always double check all numbers prior to registering a domain. That domain may still receive traffic. It's hard to tell why it would drop from 799 overture one month to 0 next but these types of things do happen quite often.

If you have any other questions or problems please do not hesitate to PM me or e-mail [email protected].

Thanks,
Luc L.

magickid

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Will do , thanks for the explain Luc ..
Well domain has had 12 visits so far :) since i regged it 10 hours ago or so.
Might be you guys :)

Any french guys here who can tell me if im assuming right that its a french travel / airline site ?

Parked it as airline travel for now, im off to bed, thanks for the help all :)

MagicKid n00b Domainer

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I found this name too by DRT at about 11:00 pm last night. And after checking manually I decided not to register it. You should always check yourself before trust on the results from DRT.

RsL

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about DRT?

*It is a tool, not a parachute :) (Though I do trust it with my domain $$$)

*Always check your results, not just because of this, but domains could be fake PR too.

*Worth the money? Well it has made me my money, just in catching drops... and drop catching isn't even close to taking advantage of the power of this tool.

*Speed Problems- I too experience problems, but do to their variable nature I have determined it is my web connection, I know another DNF user that uses the same Proxy List I use, thread count, time outs, etc. yet he sees much better results through his cable provider than I do (geo location may effect this too).

In short before you buy, shop. Before you judge, research. And before you register, google it, ovt it, etc. (Unless it is obvious then hurry and reg it before you lose the chance.)

This software is easily worth the minor investment, even drop catching, here are a couple scenarios to get the $$$ back fast:

1. Buy a few PR Domains and sell them
2. Buy one decent PR4 or above put a simple site behind it and easily sell for between $150-$300 (decent domain and site required)

You do this and you will make your money back, in under a weeks time most likely. Keep in mind, this is not EVEN close to the full power of D.R.T. just a simple proof that it IS worth the $129.99 you can find it for in many places.

Thanks.

Shane

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100%

I use DRT every day. Its scanning right now, and scans atleast 11 hours per day.

If anyone thinks the tool is slow, how long do you think it would take to manually check all the information that this tool checks.

RsL said:
What about DRT?

*It is a tool, not a parachute :) (Though I do trust it with my domain $$$)

*Always check your results, not just because of this, but domains could be fake PR too.

*Worth the money? Well it has made me my money, just in catching drops... and drop catching isn't even close to taking advantage of the power of this tool.

*Speed Problems- I too experience problems, but do to their variable nature I have determined it is my web connection, I know another DNF user that uses the same Proxy List I use, thread count, time outs, etc. yet he sees much better results through his cable provider than I do (geo location may effect this too).

In short before you buy, shop. Before you judge, research. And before you register, google it, ovt it, etc. (Unless it is obvious then hurry and reg it before you lose the chance.)

This software is easily worth the minor investment, even drop catching, here are a couple scenarios to get the $$$ back fast:

1. Buy a few PR Domains and sell them
2. Buy one decent PR4 or above put a simple site behind it and easily sell for between $150-$300 (decent domain and site required)

You do this and you will make your money back, in under a weeks time most likely. Keep in mind, this is not EVEN close to the full power of D.R.T. just a simple proof that it IS worth the $129.99 you can find it for in many places.

Thanks.

Shane

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just buy names that make sense and you won't have to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom