Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

FREE (Domain Research Tool) Advice. Tweaking setting for Max results. + Free Lists!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that there are a TON of you out there that currently own the software "Domain Research Tool."

I'd like to offer some of my time in helping people get their DRT software settings correctly configured in order to get maximum, consistent, detailed, and valuable results.

I started out having people PM me if they wanted help with this, but I've instead decided to post some of the suggestions below. It may also help a lot if you FIRST locate your serial number, and then SECOND uninstall and then re install the DRT software.

I still use DRT on a daily basis. I stopped using it for awhile because I was getting frustrated with it being out of sync with the changing industry. One day I decided to Uninstall it, and then reinstall it. I manipulated the settings to give me fast, error free results for lists of 10-20,000 names plus. Our domain industry has changed slightly over the years, and still changes daily. You must realize that there are aspects of this industry that are no longer used anymore, such as Overture. This will, and does cause DRT to be slightly out of sync (Erros, ?'s, no results). This DOES NOT mean DRT can no longer be used. It is after all, still one of the most sophisticated, powerful tools in our industry. Every day, the result of my DRT scans are 10k+ domains names, with clean, detailed results, and ABSOLUTELY NO ERRORS. I also DO NOT use proxies.

SINCE I have had over a dozen people PM me since I posted this thread last night (revised it and reposted it today...) I am going to post a few good tips right here in this thread. If you follow these tips directly, you will not have any errors, your scans will be clean and very useful, and best of all.... A list of 15k+ names will scan in less then a half hour.

The first, and most important tip I could possibly give anyone, is.... Dont be greedy! It's natural to want to upload a list of 15k names, and want all info under the sun on every name. The fact is, doing this will cause errors. Even when DRT was brand new, asking for it to process too much either gave you questions marks across the board, or DRT would simply freeze up. MSN is a very powerful search engine to check against, in place of google and yahoo. For one, they show very similar results.... The difference in terms of DRT and MSN, is that MSN requires NO PROXIES. This is a key thing to remember, as a lot of your errors in the past were caused by either not using proxies at all, or the proxies not holding up to do their job. Open DRT, Click the "options" tab, then "Scan Settings" and on the screen that appears, un-click everything. Go back through the list and ONLY click the following: "Availability/Parking Status", "MSN SE Saturation", and "MSN Term Rank." I strongly suggest not clicking anything else. Clicking anything else may need you to scan with proxies. Using MSN to check against the domain names in your list is very fast, and will quickly point out the gems in the batch, just as well as Google or Yahoo. It just holds the beauty of not needing proxies.

Another useful tip in settings: Click "Options" then go to the second tab labeled "Threads". These settings are VERY important in terms of having your list scanned Quickly, but more importantly accurately. As most of you will be using Cable or DSL, in the first drop down, Choose "Cable/DSL" Go ahead and change your settings to the following. Max Simultaneous Connects: 15. (If you do ANYTHING more then that, you will get errors.) Connection Timeout: 15. (You want to give the program enough time to find the information it's looking for, while still making the process as a whole faster.) Connection Interval: 1/4. Max retries on connection Error: 11 (This will give you time to notice if there is a connection problem on your end, while still, not holding up the process as a whole.)

Also; I am preparing a list of domain names that I found with DRT. They will all be available to be registered at the time of me posting them. Most will be high term ranked domain names.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This software has stopped working for me. I sent you a PM to you and an e-mail support and no response so far.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My apologies Gnanes,

In all honesty, I do remember reading your email, but it was late and it completely slipped my mind. I have not been on DNF a whole lot these past few weeks as I have been tending to some other things ATM.

I AM aware that some of the features on DRT are not working correctly... But I have never heard of this problem that you speak of. When you go to re install... Do you manually put in your serial number?

I am forwarding this to Luc, so he can take a look at it for you. In the meantime, I will try to locate my serial number, and have you try it upon re installing to see if perhaps it's the serial number that is invalid (very strong possibility.)

I will keep you updated, and please keep an eye out for an email from Luc.

Thanks!
Andrew

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Uninstalled the software again.
2. Removed any entries related to DRT or Domain Research Tool in the Registry Editor.
3. Restarted the computer.
4. Ran the DRT installation again and manually input the serial number (before I was copying and pasting the serial number).
And it still shows the software as demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators