Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Register.com = Scam artists !

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's 'more secure', but when I had an issue, I personally preferred to call and talk to a person. Which also involved using some preset security questions we established when i opened the account.
It's my preference, and I feel secure with the procedure.

There are e-mail snoops and phone snoops everywhere. Who's to say?
A simple keyring like I have will find wireless service and unsecured systems all over. If your own network is 'open', somebody parked outside your house could hack you.

I think it will boil down to preference.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's 'more secure', but when I had an issue, I personally preferred to call and talk to a person. Which also involved using some preset security questions we established when i opened the account.
It's my preference, and I feel secure with the procedure.

There are e-mail snoops and phone snoops everywhere. Who's to say?
A simple keyring like I have will find wireless service and unsecured systems all over. If your own network is 'open', somebody parked outside your house could hack you.

I think it will boil down to preference.

But why not ask the security questions by email, or as with Fabulous.com have them built in to the control panel ?. So what if you have a large number of domains, do you wait on phone for an hour whilst you write them all down whilst calling from overseas ?.

However you dress it up the sole purpose is to make it as awkward as possible to transfer a domain name out, and that can only mean that that company does not offer a service that is competitive.

DG

Does anyone know any of the names of directors of Register.com ?

Thanks
DG

Still no auth codes despite 2 phone calls so am in process of finding lawyer to take some kind of actions against Register.com

DG

This might be of use to other Register.com users that my brother found earlier;
http://consumerist.com/378831/email-addresses-for-registercom-execs

Seems they are "renowned".

DG

Well credit where credit is due. Guy called me in UK from Register.com and says the emails bounced back to him. He is going to fax them to me. So fairplay they are going to sort it out now and waiting for fax !.

DG

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now sorted and seems the email with auth codes AFTER my 25 minutes phone call did bounce back due to their server not verifying my ISP's servers request for verification. Anyway is all sorted now thank god.

DG

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glads it appears to working out finally. I thought I was just answering Fearless's question about more or less secure.

I feel that we are often made to jump through senseless hoops at times.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an auth code for one of my domains.
Had to talk to them 4 times on the phone!

They wanted to put me on hold at first, but I refused and told them to call me back instead, which they did.

Here is a tip: when they ask you why you decided to move the domain to another registrar don't say because their service sucks, or fees are too high - that will just cause further questions and delays, and their pathetic attemps to convince you to stay.
Instead say something else to make it sound final. Like: I sold the domain and have to move it.
Also leave them your phone number so you won't have to wait and they'll call you

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got an auth code for one of my domains.
Had to talk to them 4 times on the phone!

They wanted to put me on hold at first, but I refused and told them to call me back instead, which they did.

Here is a tip: when they ask you why you decided to move the domain to another registrar don't say because their service sucks, or fees are too high - that will just cause further questions and delays, and their pathetic attemps to convince you to stay.
Instead say something else to make it sound final. Like: I sold the domain and have to move it.
Also leave them your phone number so you won't have to wait and they'll call you

Yep definately hold your tongue, even though you really want to say #~##@@@ when they say "why do you want to move it" . I found they contacted us after we sent emails to all the email addy's on this;
http://consumerist.com/378831/email-addresses-for-registercom-execs

This may help people in future I hope.

DG

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom