Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Register is About to Screw Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Originally posted by timechange
I just registered a .US with RegisterFly.com simply a FLAWLESS and fast registration. GoDaddy failed to register the domain for me due to their internal set up for 2 days!

the US Washington trip/show!

Domain summit 2024

Originally posted by WandaMay

the US Washington trip/show!

Too late...the train made a stop in MONTANA. I was almost tempted to go for it, but now the set is broken.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx Wanda and LtlPhysics :)
Wanda,yes of course i would appreciate if you could send me a copy to biz@nyc.com...thanx.
Verisign told me today that they will go live with .us registrations on 28th of april and that would be the reason why i can't access my account for that.Strange,ain't it? VS to be the last registrar to go live?! Anyway,as we all know horrorstories about NSI/VS i think it'S better to keep record of my whois - just in case.
And yes,i also registered some .us names through Registerfly.com today and everything was done within a few minutes.Without their crappy support i'd say registerfly is the bomb.:)

L

LtlPhysics

I spent a Labor Day weekend with NS. I wanted to use an independent host, affordablehost.com, actually and I printed page after page of things they told I had done incorrectly.

It started when they wanted to force feed me into an advanced encryption mode, just to be extra sure that they were talking to the right guy.

Well, that's fine, but I don't need that stuff, nothing I do is classified or of any particular value. Hours went by, the weekend went by and finally, after about 30 emails and talking to one clueless help-deskette, I got a woman who knew exactly what to do and why.

That was bliss. I wrote down the instructions, she sent the email, I hung up the phone, added the few adjustments needed and 24 hours later the deed was done.

It gave the Labor Day weekend a new definition.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LtlPhysics - could you maybe tell us/me who that Lady is that knew what to do at NS? As i have some names there as well and it's always a big help to know who to speak to - especially with registrars :)

Originally posted by LtlPhysics
I spent a Labor Day weekend with NS. I wanted to use an independent host, affordablehost.com, actually and I printed page after page of things they told I had done incorrectly.

It started when they wanted to force feed me into an advanced encryption mode, just to be extra sure that they were talking to the right guy.

Well, that's fine, but I don't need that stuff, nothing I do is classified or of any particular value. Hours went by, the weekend went by and finally, after about 30 emails and talking to one clueless help-deskette, I got a woman who knew exactly what to do and why.

That was bliss. I wrote down the instructions, she sent the email, I hung up the phone, added the few adjustments needed and 24 hours later the deed was done.

It gave the Labor Day weekend a new definition.

Ya got the best darn .us I've seen.... you know the one i mean.. man, they better not screw you over on that one.. 4sure.. even if you loose all the rest... that one 'gem'.. is the one that will take you to a higher ground. no doubt.
real proud of ya & for ya! :)

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by beatz
LtlPhysics - could you maybe tell us/me who that Lady is that knew what to do at NS? As i have some names there as well and it's always a big help to know who to speak to - especially with registrars :)

beatz, that was a couple of years ago or so and I have recyled all of the emails I printed. I just happened to catch the right woman, after waiting just under an hour, praise the lord for speakerphones, and it was just dumb luck. I think she gave me a direct line because I did call her back to confirm the process.

And, if the woman had any sense, and she certainly did, being very articulate and aware, she probably doesn't work there anymore. So, what you have to do is sit on the phone, as horrible as that sounds.

NetSol probably has a number of direct lines because I know some support guys can get through in a minute or two. If you have a host, somebody there may be able to help you out.

If you need a host, affordablehost will host from $20/year. I don't know what is included in that package, but Tina Peters/affordable put up a click-through page for me a couple of years back. I doubt that she would remember me or LtlPhysics or any of it. She said she gets about 300 emails a day! Ack!

She used to patrol the usenet and got a lot of business that way, try alt.webmasters and look for her name. Affordable is a good business, why start out big when your needs are small. They have affiliates should become monster big.

I just checked my files and all of it was prior to 5/15/2000, on an old 486 that is languishing in another room. I'll see if I can get it running. The 20 meg drive was full and it stopped responding to commands. Letters weren't even letters, just lines and boxes.

that one 'gem'.. is the one that will take you to a higher ground. no doubt. real proud of ya & for ya!

Thanks msMay! I like it and hope that it is not revoked too. But even if it isn't, the old AN had some good names as well and they just sat there, some for years. What a zoo that place became.

If this version of the internet is going to survive as a marketplace, it will take more than hits, traffic or the cool factor. People are going to have to buy things online and the etailers are going to have to make a profit.

blackholerepair.com, for all of your electronic repairs.

NetSol support is apparently all farmed out now to a third party - so your data from two years ago is most likely out of date anyway.

-t

L

LtlPhysics

Originally posted by thewitt
NetSol support is apparently all farmed out now to a third party - so your data from two years ago is most likely out of date anyway.

-t

It sounds like NS wanted to get out of the retirement, social security, health insurance and 401k benefits business. They fail the SweatShopFree minimums.

Outside contractors usually pay or get paid peanuts. It would be interesting to find out who is actually doing the work.

blackholerepair.com, you will never see your dry-cleaned suit ever again, guaranteed!

Primarily, support is located in the Philippines and secondary in the US.

Originally posted by LtlPhysics

It sounds like NS wanted to get out of the retirement, social security, health insurance and 401k benefits business. They fail the SweatShopFree minimums.

Outside contractors usually pay or get paid peanuts. It would be interesting to find out who is actually doing the work.

blackholerepair.com, you will never see your dry-cleaned suit ever again, guaranteed!

SweatFreeShop

has great potential

even for an e-book

put all your news/data in your
SweatTrapper..
for safe keeping.

4when the time is right.

L

LtlPhysics

I thought of combiz the other day, there it was but I let it slide.

Zap, I left face slide too. Running out of nouns.

blackholerepair When you absolutely, positively have to lose it forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators