Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

registerfly, nothing but problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello,

i just noticed with registerfly that they billed me three times on my cc for nothing I bought.
I filled a support ticket, but no responce yet almost 24 hours.
I tried calling them and you have to leave a message.

HAs any one had similar expiernce,

Bill

blutek

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have had terrible experiences with registerfly. None of the features ever work. Probbaly why the offer 24/7 chat.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by blutek
I have had terrible experiences with registerfly. None of the features ever work. Probbaly why the offer 24/7 chat.

I have had nothering but terrific experiances with regfly..for 2 years, all the feutures work great..

They offer by far more useful features than any other

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Go right to the top if you have problems like this, it's the only way you'll get things resolved. Email Tim Shor the owner of RegFly, at [email protected] . If you don't get any results that way go through Enom and threaten them, that worked for me before.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nicpal
Go right to the top if you have problems like this, it's the only way you'll get things resolved. Email Tim Shor the owner of RegFly, at [email protected] . If you don't get any results that way go through Enom and threaten them, that worked for me before.

Frickin Nightmare at Registerfly!

I had an investor that was going to buy an interest in 50 tier 1 names (big money), but wanted several of these baloney appraisals from Appraised.com (Registerfly/Unified Names). He didn't want an appraisal that was possibly skewed by an auction house. He paid for several appraisals that never arrived, and emails to support at the site were never answered after weeks.

Trying to hold up the deal after the frustration, I offered to pay for the "Instant Appraisals" reviewed by "Experts" on the RegisterFly homepage. How they could do the studies and actually "review" each of the names in the "1 Hour Guranteed" was beyond me, but that's what the investor wanted.

In 1 hour, I was bombarded with like 21 appraisals for each name, all with 0 information and all obviously machine generated without the promised "review by experts". That blew the investor out the door.

I tried the "Live help" several times with them just saying they "don't have any information" and "do not provide phone support" when I asked for a number. Emails to support were returned undelivered. Emails to Tim Shor (the supposed owner) were never returned after two weeks. Support tickets have not been responded to. Checking the whois on registerfly.com and unifiednames.com produces phone numbers that just answer with a recording and NO calls back after 2 weeks as well. Emails to the whois addresses are not responded to. Faxes have been sent to several different addresses in NY and NJ and Utah and California and with no replies to my phone #, fax # or email address.

I've got a sizable account with registerfly and this is how they provide their claimed 24/7 365 day support? Bull****!!

Now I'm pissed, and wondering if Registerfly is out of business? That's the only explanation I can figure. In fact I'll post that very question on a new thread with a reward for proof otherwise.
Doc

poulos

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i tried several time s transfering my domains out of registerfly.
but they lock them.
its a hassle with them.

and there support isnt that fast.

poulos

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
See my post about the nightmare I encountered when a domain I purchased had been listed by the previous owner on their marketplace. http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40477

P.S. I second the recommendation about speaking to Tim Shor. No one else seems to know anything about any serious issues. Tim seems very busy, though, so good luck actually getting his attention long enough to take care of your problem. I have been waiting three days for him to call me back.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If Timmy boy isn't calling you back, then go through Enom and let them know about the situation. They'll probably tell you that RegFly is an independent reseller and there is nothing they can do. Let them know you are willing to take legal action as this is impeding your business and that they are liable as RegisterFly is basically under the umbrella of their company as the domain registrations and services directly reflect Enom in the WhoIS. These are the steps I had to take when I had my account screwed up and after 2 weeks of trying to get ahold of someone at RegisterFly. Tim Shor emails me personally whenever I have a problem now. I know that alot of us do not want to use RegisterFly but, when you have hundreds of domains residing there, it is hard, time consuming, and expensive if you where to transfer them all out. So take the time to go through the necessary steps to straighten the account out.

Here is my take on RegisterFly's services as I have used them all:

RegisterFly.com - Is a good reseller site with the following bugs. Support is horrible. Some problems can be resolved via chat or support but for the most part go directly through [email protected]. The only problem I have found a major bug with is the URL forwarding (Redirection). You will need to delete the current advanced URL settings first before adding your URL to be redirected. They place their own settings by default which usually take a day after initial registration to update before you are even able to update to your own. This applies to the DNS as well. If you think that you can automatically change after registering your domain, you are out of luck.... wait the 24 hours and then make your changes so they stick.

The domain marketplace is a great concept but, if you sell the domain to another party it remains for sale in their account. Additionally if you try to remove a listing from the marketplace it remains there sometimes.

Appraised.com Good concept yes, but the appraisals are automatically generated via software which I have as well. I have produced the same appraisals using a 5 point analysis. They had appraised cable.ws at $32,000 that I submitted. While I like the .ws extension, it is not quite there yet. Do not use this service.

Expirefish.com - This is a decent service. It is cheap at $9.99 per domain and catches Enom and RegisterFly drops. It will not compete with Pool, Namewinner, or Snapnames at all unless it is in the aforementioned 2 registrars. Additionally, if you are using a RegisterFly.com promotional code for $7.99 or $8.99 domains in your account it will not register domains at that price while in effect.

NameRenters - Horrible service. Does not register all of the traffic and does not payout. The 'make offer" submission for visitors wishing to buy the domain does not work either. You might as well redirect your domains to Microsoft.com, because it will produce the same results. Do not use.

EntryHost.com - This service is horrible. I tried this when I first got started on the web. I got some half ass email a couple of days after ordering with lame instructions and no support. So I tried it myself. I asked for help and go the following "Your software must not be compatible with our servers sorry." When I asked for a refund I got no answer and figured the account was closed and finished.....wrong several months later (6 to be exact) RegisterFly freezes my account due to unpaid hosting dues. I never used the hosting and got no support. I explained the situation to Tim Shor and it was resolved. Apparently EntryHost has done this numerous times and after posting this experience on another message board early on, I still get emails from people about suing EntryHost and asking if I'd join the lawsuit against them. I don't know why RegisterFly continues to use them.

These are the main services which I have used from them over the past 3 years. I will only use RegisterFly sparingly. If you are thinking of switching registrars to transfer you domains to, I would suggest GoDaddy only due to the fact that their ease of use of a control panel is the closest to RegisterFly's and their support is 1000 times better. Enom is a little difficult for a beginner or those who are inexperienced with making domain modifications. Hope this helps somewhat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom