Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registerfly.... Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have registered most of my domain names at registerfly and I want to leave registerfly and close my account and move my domains to another site. I have changed the DNS pointer information but when I log onto registerfly, I still see those names.

My question is, how do I completely remove myself and my domain names from registerfly? I have a host already and the domains are there also but.... I just want to close my account with Registerfly so they no longer show up in the whois or on their site.

Thank you for any insight.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still get lots of renewal emails on names I managed to move away from Registerfly as long as 1 yr ago. The names also show in their Control Panel as still being there.

This is very annoying as I often end up checking to make sure the name is reallly not still reg'd there and that takes time and a hassle. Plus a couple times I actually tried to renew it at registerfly because I thought the name was never transferred away and now to late to transfer only to find our after I paid the name could not be renewed since no longer reg'd there.

P.S. What idiots! This exact same scenario has also happened at Enom many times but at least Enom doers not send all those false renewal notices over and over again for ages.

schnitzeldorf

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeh, I have charges from registerfly and I don't know what for and they don't show up on my account. Besides, their site is the slowest servers I've experienced.

Ok, I'll just make sure everything is transferred and shut it all down.

I've been looking at domainhop for parking. What is the trusted site for parking your domains? I have a web host already and they seem to be great but I can only activate so many websites with them, the rest simply are parked and not doing anything. Domainhop looks ok, any other safe suggestions?

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did anybody notify Stocdoctor that there's a new "RegisterFly Sucks" thread for him to participate in? :-D :-D

(Sorry Doc, couldn't resist! :wink:)

Cheers,
Rob

neologist

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Isn't RegisterFly an eNom reseller? Whois lists enom as registrar for RegisterFly.Com. The only thing I use RegisterFly for is their bulk domain search tool. Then I take the available domains and register them at eNom.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beshopalula said:
Did anybody notify Stocdoctor that there's a new "RegisterFly Sucks" thread for him to participate in? :-D :-D

(Sorry Doc, couldn't resist! :wink:)

Cheers,
Rob

LOL Registerfly Sucks thread # 637!

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was getting worried, but I see you now found it! :-D

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
schnitzeldorf said:
My question is, how do I completely remove myself and my domain names from registerfly? I have a host already and the domains are there also but.... I just want to close my account with Registerfly so they no longer show up in the whois or on their site.

Thank you for any insight.

If this question is still valid and I'm reading it right

1. log-on your account
2. look for the REPORTS tab and click
3. under Domain Management Reporting look for REFRESH YOUR ACCOUNT and click
4. click YES - I would like to refresh my account
this will
This process will verify the creation and expiration dates against your entire list of names. This operation will also remove names that have been transferred away to other registrars. The entire process can take between 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on the number of names you manage in this account. All names that have expired or transferred away will appear in the Expired List for a few days before we delete it out of our system.

jim

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader said:
I still get lots of renewal emails on names I managed to move away from Registerfly as long as 1 yr ago. The names also show in their Control Panel as still being there.

Dotster and Namescout are just as bad if not worse at keeping names in their database. Last week I requested auth codes on names form namescout on 4 domains to transfer them and was given them by tech support. after attempting transfer, I found that I already transferred them out months ago. At least Registerfly has added the refresh link to get rid of non-existing domains. (it works sometimes).

As for hosting servers, I have some advice:

1. Never buy hosting form a domain registrar.
2. Never buy domains from a hosting company.

Registerfly has had it's problems and I don't like everything there. However, I think they have the best control panel and control features in the industry and best overall ease of use. I have domains with at least 10 registrars and there are things I hate about all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom