Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registerfly Unable to Renew Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Registerfly.com claims they can not renew domains. Despite multiple attempts and several hours on the phone to registerfly.com's support line they are unwilling or unable to renew my domains.

I believe this has more to due with finances then any technical problems. Look for a lawsuit and bankruptcy soon.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same scenario happened with myself about 2 months back with them. Get them transferred to another Registrar ASAP!

Vivi

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The same happened to me. I have a .TV domain which I cannot renew or control from my "manage domain" panel and every year I have to go through a lot of troubles to get them to renew for me. I cannot set up my website because I cannot configure the nameservers. I desperately want to transfer the name out. Anyone knows if that is possible with .tv names?
Thanks.

Varchar

ArcadeScript.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any trouble with .com, .net and .info? I am kind of stuck with them coz they still hostage $800 of my money in their account... :(

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any trouble with .com, .net and .info? I am kind of stuck with them coz they still hostage $800 of my money in their account... :(

Did you call them or log inside your account and send a ticket with specifics
about it? If so, what's happened since then?

T

tekz999

I Hate Registcrapfly \"/
Get your names transfered out immediately.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you call them or log inside your account and send a ticket with specifics about it? If so, what's happened since then?

Nothing seems to work, I've lost several domains because I can't renew them via RF and Enom seems unwilling to help (they are actually Enom names from when RF was an Enom reseller). I have one support ticket that is over two weeks old without a response from RF.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I moved out of RF years ago. I feel sorry for those that fell for the "deals" sent frequently via spam emails.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get this...

I just logged into my RF account to check the status of my support tickets and my balance has dropped by about $3.18 for no apparent reason. There wasn't even enough money in the account to renew a domain since they've never credited my account for several failed renewals but why would the account suddenly drop? BECAUSE REGISTERFLY ARE THIEVES!

I just checked my support ticket that had been open since 11/20/06 with no response to find this:

Dear client,

We have updated the formerly real-time renewal process to be a batch driven process for closer monitoring. We process the batch of expired names once every 24 hours. You will receive e-mail confirmation once the domain name is renewed. In the event the renewal fails we will also notify you via email and also return any funds in ON HOLD status. Please limit your attempt to once within a 24 hour period.
Please note THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NAMES THAT STILL SHOW ENOM.COM AS THE REGISTRAR.

Best regards,

I guess now I have to hold my breath and hope my domains get renewed but it still doesn't explain why my balance dropped...

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That update you gave makes sense. They probably saw it's easier to handle
those Enom renewals in batches rather than individually, and it makes it much
easier for them to keep track.

I'd say send another ticket regarding that account drop. But do provide any
specifics you have.

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, get your domains moved as soon as possible. Twice now I have logged in to find several domains "missing" from my account. Both times I have contacted support, they have returned them, then responded to my support request saying "What do you mean? The domains are in your account!" as if they had been there all along. They are a bunch of crooks!

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It took me probably at least 12 hours of work over 3 weeks trying to renew one .com, a month before expiration. Ridiculous. I attacked many fronts- the normal support tickets, the rapid response tickets, directly asking enom to renew it on their side, PMing a registerfly worker Mark on the other forum, and some other things. It finally got renewed...

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dear client,

We have updated the formerly real-time renewal process to be a batch driven process for closer monitoring. We process the batch of expired names once every 24 hours. You will receive e-mail confirmation once the domain name is renewed. In the event the renewal fails we will also notify you via email and also return any funds in ON HOLD status. Please limit your attempt to once within a 24 hour period.
Please note THIS ONLY APPLIES TO NAMES THAT STILL SHOW ENOM.COM AS THE REGISTRAR.

Best regards,

It's a crock...domains are still not renewing and monies are not being credited back to my account.

kokopelli

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How are you supposed to transfer your domains out if their interface doesn't allow you to unlock them and their support ignores your requests?

Can someone please enlighten me?

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How are you supposed to transfer your domains out if their interface doesn't allow you to unlock them and their support ignores your requests?

Can someone please enlighten me?

Wish I could help you out but I can't even figure out how to renew domains there any more. Lost two more just this week!

wonder

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have similar problems and have lost several precious domains over the 6 years I was with Registerfly. Just got the good news from Enom that they have severed ties with Registerfly so domains that were originally registered with them through Registerfly will now be automatically moved over to Enom. Just need to sign up an account with Enom. No change in renewal rates.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got the good news from Enom that they have severed ties with Registerfly so domains that were originally registered with them through Registerfly will now be automatically moved over to Enom.

Where did you hear that!? That would be an improvement, although I'm not very happy with Enom either as of late. They have been incredibly unhelpful throughout this RegisterFly mess.

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
waiting....
I only two info on FY.
only regged 2 months.
shit

wonder

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear that!? That would be an improvement, although I'm not very happy with Enom either as of late. They have been incredibly unhelpful throughout this RegisterFly mess.
I got an email notification from Enom and have since got my domains moved to Enom. No formal transfer needed, they push over the domains automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom