Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registering domains with enom

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forgive the newbie question, but I haven't been in the domain biz for that long.

How do I go about regging names with enom for $8.95 & lower?

From what I understand I have to get a reseller account? Do these always cost $$$'s to setup?

One other question, what is the meaning of the 'reseller tag'? Does it mean u have to resell domains through them as well? Like domain registrations from a custom site you built or something? If so, I read in another thread here that ya gotta be careful with this as u are responsible for all the chargebacks or something.

Thanks.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains from Enom are always $8.95 (tld's) and can be obtained by a reseller account which you "charge up" with $100 min (credit cards are ok but incurr a $3 charge).

Charges below $8.95 are only available by buying an existing account from someone who reg'd it prior to the Enom charge changes.

If you want a $8.95 sub-account I can set one up for you for free if you PM me.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok...so I only need a reseller account if I want to register domains below $8.95 ?

I have a normal account there & tried to register a domain there before but they wanted to charge $29.95 or something... whats this sub-account you speak of?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a reseller acount for MY OWN USE to register names at $8.95. That is the minimum charge Enom make at present unless you buy from someone else an account that allowed lower prices before the Enom price change.

Any reseller can provide you with an $8.95 account FOR YOUR OWN USE you do not have to resell to others. However you will have to fill up the account with a minimum of $100 to pre-pay for you domains. A sub-account will enable you to buy at $8.95 but again you must pre-pay $100 to Enom.

If you don't want to do something like this then you can use the likes of Godaddy and just buy and pay for as and when you need a domain.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A reseller can also set you up an $8.95 non-reseller account which you do not have to pre-pay. You'll pay by credit card each time you register or renew.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info webname. :)

arbitrage....so I 'don't' need to deposit $100 in for my account to be setup? If not, how do I go about getting one of these accounts?

heatfan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any eNom reseller can create Reseller and Retail domain account...

Retail Account
Pay as you go one or more domains at a time with credit card - No domain reselling options or ability to add funds to your account.

Reseller Account
Free Private Label Reselling options (including sub account creation) Payment is made by drawing funds from your account. You can add funds to you account by check or money order (any amount) or by credit card (minimum $100.00 at a time with 3% fee)

PM me if you want an account...

Christopher Marks

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you check around forums like webhostingtalk.com you will find quite a few people offering free retail accounts at $8.65. You would have an account at enom.com to register as many domains as you want. It's just like the reseller account, except you don't have access to the reseller services, and you don't have to deposit money to your account.

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am one of those people :).

Send me a PM or email and I'll be happy to get you setup. Include your desired username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom