Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Registrar Deleted my Domain even though it was Renewed - Help Please!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not much Joe can do as he cannot reveal the detail but at least he can give you the info when the transfer was taking place.
You have to deal with the losing registrar at the moment.
Never use Yahoo for email. Change to something else. Most of the hacking took place from Yahoo email.

Domain summit 2024

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you try contacting the current registrant?
No, as I don't know what involvement he may have with this unlawful transfer/hijack. He may not have anything to do with it, or he may be an active participant. I don't know.

I'll wait for Idregister (K-systems) to get back to me. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow or if they refuse to return my domain back, I'll file my formal complaints with ICANN to start with.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You need to file an unauthorized transfer complaint with KSystems, losing registrar. They are saying you didn't renew the domain, but you have a PayPal receipt, plus they haven't explained what happened to the domain next.

If you need to complain to ICANN, the process is at https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form but it's not meant to replace the formal process per above.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"I.D.R. INTERNET DOMAIN REGISTRY" domains moved to "DIRECTI INTERNET SOLUTIONS" in 2009. Without renewal, so it was probably some deacreditation or something. Perhaps Directi bought this registrar or something. I would ask Directi about that. And my guess is, it expired and sold at expired domains auction (it did not physically expired, just virtually). I guess it is their mess but you have no chance to get anything from them.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The "http://www.idregister.com" has nothing to do with "Key systems" and it actually even does not exist as accredited registrar, all domain there are with Directi (PDR) for almost a decade now.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Update

Yesterday, K-Systems said that I did not complete the renewal process.

Now they are claiming that my payment was put on hold by Paypal and meanwhile my renewal request had expired. This was another lie. And they are still lying about the fact that the domain was deleted.

I emailed back showing the email receipt from Paypal that my payment was immediately sent to K-Systems on Dec. 19.

K-Systems emailed back and stated that my domain is for sale for $69.99 and that they will refund me once I buy it [which they did and also refunded me $11.99 for my 1 year renewal I made in December - which I never asked for]. I paid Godaddy that fee thinking that I bought my domain back. It turned out that it was the fee for the domain buy service to Goddaddy, so I can make an offer to the seller.

I then sent an email to K-Systems stating that this was another deception, and that they are to buy my domain back, otherwise I will be filing my complaint with ICANN. I have had no response from them. I will be returning them the $11.99 also.

K-Systems refuses to provide me with any explanation as to how the domain was transferred to Godaddy. Also, in all the emails from them, there is no name - I don't know who I am corresponding with.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can not file ICANN complain against registrar terminated in 2009. Just sayin.
Well - you can, but they will tell you just that that registrar does not exist.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Still not sure what is going on here. KSystems offered to buy the domain "back" from GoDaddy and wants $69 dollars?

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
K-Systems said I can buy back the domain from Godaddy for $69 and said they would refund me. But $69 was just the Goddady fee for the domain buying service.

Is KSystems a registrar? If not, who is?

I contacted the listed registrant Nileshkumar Lakhani yesterday. He refused to answer many of my questions but claimed that he had “purchased this name from godaddy on their public auction platform.” I am suspicious.

Do you have to transfer a domain to Godaddy for it to be listed on their public auctions? [I'm trying to determine exactly how K-systems effected this theft of my domain]

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Exactly why I asked: Does KSystems work with GoDaddy to auction off expired domains? This seems to be the case. They should be able to answer that. GoDaddy (Joe Styler) might be willing to share whether it sold via the GD auctions.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted Godaddy legal department.

I explained to them everything that happened here.

I asked them several questions including:

- If the domain was listed on their public domain auction platform? If so, when was it listed (date and time)?
- Who listed it?
- What was the registrant’s name in WHOIS when they listed it?
- When did it sell (date and time) and what was the selling price?
- Provide the name and the company of who received the funds for selling the domain.
- Who bought the domain name and who made the payment?
- When was the domain transferred to Godaddy (date and time) and the name and company of who initiated the transfer.

And
- Does Godaddy work with KSystems to auction off domains (expired or not)? Or does Godaddy have some relationship with KSystems?

I got a reply back from HQ (Gary Hochberg from the office of the CEO)

And he did not answer any of my questions. All he said was that if I can't work it out with the registrant, and if I believe I have a claim to this domain name, then I can file a UDRP claim.

So Godaddy has been very evasive and not helpful at all. They should assisting whatever way they can, but instead they are doing nothing. So it seems that Godaddy knows that my domain (and likely others) are being sold off at their auctions, not by their rightful owners.

I think you are right, Ksystems works with Godaddy to auction off expired domain names.

I just replied back to HQ and copied to their legal department, that I want my email addressed in full from a lawyer in their legal department.

dynadot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your replies.

This is what it says off the whois:

---
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Update Date: 2018-01-23T21:13:11Z
Creation Date: 1999-12-09T03:38:35Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-12-09T03:38:35Z
---

So the creation date is 1999-Dec-09 which is when I first registered it. I don't know if that means it was transferred to godaddy or not?

If it was deleted and was registered in a drop, then would it have a new creation date of 2018?

Yes, that implies it was transferred. Maybe they sold it in an expired auction or something of that nature, but the domain was not dropped.

I would contact K-Sys again and also contact ICANN. The least ICANN can do is be a nuisance and force K-Sys to explain and justify.

" It looks like you did not completed the renewal process. "

Ask them what steps exactly, you missed. If possible, go back to your email to find an "Order Finished" email as proof that, you did complete it "as far as you know."

dynadot

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted Godaddy legal department.

And he did not answer any of my questions. All he said was that if I can't work it out with the registrant, and if I believe I have a claim to this domain name, then I can file a UDRP claim.

So Godaddy has been very evasive and not helpful at all. They should assisting whatever way they can, but instead they are doing nothing. So it seems that Godaddy knows that my domain (and likely others) are being sold off at their auctions, not by their rightful owners.

I think you are right, Ksystems works with Godaddy to auction off expired domain names.

I just replied back to HQ and copied to their legal department, that I want my email addressed in full from a lawyer in their legal department.

You aren't their customer, so they can't really help you. From their end, and from their position (which I agree with) you should be handling this with K-Sys. From their end, it may seem to be a legit transaction. K-Sys should be explaining how, exactly, you didn't complete the renewal process. And if they cannot prove that, they need to begin working with GoDaddy to reverse the sale (or transfer) that took place.

Samuel L Dotson

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, that implies it was transferred. Maybe they sold it in an expired auction or something of that nature, but the domain was not dropped.

I would contact K-Sys again and also contact ICANN. The least ICANN can do is be a nuisance and force K-Sys to explain and justify.

" It looks like you did not completed the renewal process. "

Ask them what steps exactly, you missed. If possible, go back to your email to find an "Order Finished" email as proof that, you did complete it "as far as you know."
This reminds my of when I ordered my.pe transferred from GD to Namecheap, and they said it was done, and then come to find out they never transferred it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So, the juicy news would be whether K-Sys fucked up and sent the domain to auction, or fucked up and the domain was hijacked out. Either way, your beef is with the losing registrar. The longer you wait to file a motion of reversal, the less chances you have to recover the domain.

dommer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I did complete the renewal process. The domain was stolen from me by K-Systems. K-Systems is a re-seller of PDR Ltd. (dba as PublicDomainRegistry.com). I contacted PDR |Ltd. also and they have been non-responsive.

I filed a complaint with ICANN last week (Tuesday Evening). I was told that it can take 3-5 business days. I expect to receive the domain back shortly. I'll update.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators