Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Registry Connection for dnforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
For it to benefit all members, it would have to be setup like snapnames, or dropwizard, where only one "snap" per domain exists. Otherwise, only the members with deep pockets benefit.

RMF

I have to agree with this one, firt come- first serve only

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's like snapnames but only for dnf (platinum :D ) members, financed through dnf ( platinum ) members, then i could imagine it could work.

No big sense to establish just another auction drop system like NW though.

Problem that i see is if so and so many members finance it then i guess those members would want to have a special status or similar.

Guess it can only work if it's a 100% first come first served *for all*.

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's like Snapnames for only Platinum members you bet I am all in. This will also cause the Platinum memberships to probably triple overnight and double every day following.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DCG: Just do itâ„¢

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok! Maybe I'm just dumb! Or maybe I'm in a logical minority.

But I have yet to hear ONE argument as to the REAL benefits to the members! Also, NO ONE has refuted or even addressed the points raised by Nexus and myself.

Obviously, it's DCG's board, and I am only one paying member. But each of you have a vested interest in this place as well!

Are you unhappy with the current set-up? Or just blindly agreeing without seriously considering the long term consequences?

If it's good and all benefit, I'm ALL FOR IT! But if 5 people benefit while all the rest suffer or see no benefit at all, then what's the point?

DCG asked for a discussion, how about a few more well thought out, well argued opinions?

Thanks, My Friends!
WebCat

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat

DCG asked for a discussion, how about a few more well thought out, well argued opinions?

He asked if we were interested... A lot of us said yes.

Here is my take on the whole thing. Many of us have been shut out of the ICANN process because we have no connections to registrars. If I'm not mistaken, we would be indirectly connected to one if I'm hearing DCG right. Have you thought about that?

You do raise a valid point about having a "neutral" forum, but really... other than a few comments here and there, most of the dicussion is about "buying and selling" domains. It makes no difference where you get them. Everyone has a favorite registrar they transfer their names to, so in no way wouldyou "married" to DNF.

As far as the "class warfare" comments, I see these as a little off-based. Although I think you could make an argument for your assumptions about creating class warfare, I don't see cutting off economic evolution for the sake of being equal. Welcome to the 21st century. Where if you don't constantly upgrade, and compete, well... get your lawyer on the phone to start liquidation proceedings. That isn't off based.

Excellent foresight there DCG, and in no way am I kissing your a**. I prefer a owner whose has the "brass cohanus" to "re-invent" the domain business.

I do have another suggestion for you.... If you do become a registar... Izopod.com is available for branding! The "pod" ending has always been synomous with "community" and the "izo" part would be a change from the boring "Nameblahblah.com", or "DotBlahblah.com". Either way, a name-change will be needed. IHMO

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hurray for Izopod! Well said! However....

Originally posted by izopod

Many of us have been shut out of the ICANN process because we have no connections to registrars. If I'm not mistaken, we would be indirectly connected to one if I'm hearing DCG right. Have you thought about that?
Yes, in fact I have thought about that! What makes you think you won't continue to be "shut out"? Has someone presented evidence that you will somehow have unlimited access to this proposed connection? Why should DCG do that and how will it work?

You do raise a valid point about having a "neutral" forum, but really... other than a few comments here and there, most of the dicussion is about "buying and selling" domains. It makes no difference where you get them. Everyone has a favorite registrar they transfer their names to, so in no way wouldyou "married" to DNF.
Thank you. I have ZERO problem with DCG starting a registry! In fact, if he does, I would like to be a part of it! Just not as part of DNF! Right now we are like Switzerland- a nice warm, non-partisan place to come and buy and sell! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

As far as the "class warfare" comments, I see these as a little off-based. Although I think you could make an argument for your assumptions about creating class warfare, I don't see cutting off economic evolution for the sake of being equal. Welcome to the 21st century. Where if you don't constantly upgrade, and compete, well... get your lawyer on the phone to start liquidation proceedings. That isn't off based.
Again... where you have a controlled system, where small numbers greatly benefit from the efforts of the masses, it creates an unlevel playing field, and by it's very nature creates either resentment, or an uninformed, apathetic population. Personally, I am neither.

Excellent foresight there DCG, and in no way am I kissing your a**. I prefer a owner whose has the "brass cohanus" to "re-invent" the domain business.
I agree, DCG is an innovator and a domain genius! Those of us who desire success in this business would do well to emulate him! But along the way, make sure you get YOUR MONEY'S WORTH! Don't allow yourself to be a pawn on the road to building an empire!

Izopod, Thanks for your Well-Thought comments!
WebCat :)

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can have a drop script installed that is compatible with enoms API for $400 bucks.. Why spend $70,000 or whatever it may be.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JoltHost
You can have a drop script installed that is compatible with enoms API for $400 bucks.. Why spend $70,000 or whatever it may be.

But with this You will not have any success, why spend $400 for nothing??

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it so I can't say if it does or not but it appears to work for the guys who created it. I'm going to give it a go eventually. Much better off throwing away $400 rather than $70,000.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat

Izopod, Thanks for your Well-Thought comments!
WebCat :)

No problem WC... Thanks for making me think!!! Lol

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by JoltHost
I haven't tried it so I can't say if it does or not but it appears to work for the guys who created it. I'm going to give it a go eventually. Much better off throwing away $400 rather than $70,000.

I can tell You that You wasted $400 for nothing, this will never work, I don`t belive that with enom api script You can beat snapnames or namewinner! But maybe! I have also registered some manually, so who knows!

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stuff

I have also registered some manually, so who knows!

Thats the way I see it. If I catch some of the ones that the "big boys" are to busy to catch and mabey a great once in a while it will pay off eventually.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No problem WC... Thanks for making me think!!! Lol
Hey buddy! This discussion and your excellent input has unleashed a few neurons in my thick skull as well, LOL!

I hope DCG eventually weighs in on some of this as well!

Peace,
WebCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom