Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Registry Rocket question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotsauce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just recently setup a registry rocket account at Enom as a subaccount reseller.

I've received the link for my reseller services in the form of https://www.registryrocket.com/default.asp?ec=USERID

I'm wondering if there is anyway to append this link to automatically include the domain name to be checked rather than have one of my visitors click on the link as is and check domains for themselves manually.

TIA

Domain Summit 2024

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Check out what we have done with a Registry Rocket account:
http://www.nameneed.com.

A newbie will never find out it is a registry rocket website. We even log the domain name searches.

M

mole

Nice site, zolt. There are a lot of talented webmasters here :)

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mole :), it is just too dark.... any suggestions?

M

mole

Originally posted by zoltan
Thanks Mole :), it is just too dark.... any suggestions?

Huh? Dang, must be my bright monitor. It's red hot, zolt. With all the right action points highlighted. Don't matter if NameNeed is a .com.

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks again Mole. :)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Check out what we have done with a Registry Rocket account:
http://www.nameneed.com.

A newbie will never find out it is a registry rocket website. We even log the domain name searches.

Glad you said that newbie would be fooled :D, otherwise they'd be able to:

1. Know how to right click on the frame and find

https://www.registryrocket.com/check.asp?action=check&referredby=http://www.nameneed.com

or

2. Recognize the default (and only) RR template which you have framed.

Problem with using RR is that it so instantly recognizable as an "affiliate" site. You can only really develop a distinct identity be using their API.

That said, you've done a nice job with what's possible with RR!

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NameBox, thanks for your comments... :). However I don't like the word "fooled", my clients are actually getting a great service and good price if they choose us. :)

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
NameBox, thanks for your comments... :). However I don't like the word "fooled", my clients are actually getting a great service and good price if they choose us. :)

I was referring to the issue, discussed in these forums, of how customization of an eNom account is only possible with use of their API.

You yourself mentioned that:

"A newbie will never find out it is a registry rocket website. We even log the domain name searches."

"Never will find out ...." suggests something doesn't it.

My comment is that when trying to appear as a registrar, and brand your service, it is difficult with Reg Rocket or PDQ, as a non newbie, will always realize what's up. Look at the difference between a RegisterFly approach, and any Reg Rocket or PDQ reseller.

The only downside with the API is higher technical knowledge necessary (which I assume you have), and of course the hassle (bigger issue really) of processing payments idependently of eNom.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox

I was referring to the issue, discussed in these forums, of how customization of an eNom account is only possible with use of their API.

You yourself mentioned that:

"A newbie will never find out it is a registry rocket website. We even log the domain name searches."

"Never will find out ...." suggests something doesn't it.

My comment is that when trying to appear as a registrar, and brand your service, it is difficult with Reg Rocket or PDQ, as a non newbie, will always realize what's up. Look at the difference between a RegisterFly approach, and any Reg Rocket or PDQ reseller.

The only downside with the API is higher technical knowledge necessary (which I assume you have), and of course the hassle (bigger issue really) of processing payments idependently of eNom.

I agree with Name Box, I have tried I give up at last because I am not a programer and I don't want to paid more or nearly the same to another credit card processing company to process the payment while you then register the account for your customers. We as a reseller do have a risk that our customers do not paid for their credit card (may be they use stolen credit card) or they dissatisified with our services, and do not want to help us. As a result, they ask their credit card company to cancell the transactions. In this case, we lose everythings.

In addition, in order to secured that we collect money before we registered (in real time) that will be a challege to most of the programmer.

TO distinguish ourselves is important, it paid if you are able to modified and have the time to modified and continuously improved yourself.

Then come is the quantity of sales of domain, is you sell 1 per month or 1000 per month or 10000 per month?

For reseller as me selling very few a month may be a year, it is worthless or non-senses to spend whole of my life in intergrating with eNom's API right.

For reseller who is well known as "cheap" say registerfly or namecheap or eHost.com. They earn more on large quantity. Then come is the problem of support.

Not every customers are programme or as smart as programme. I have a client outside my country who has email more for more than 10 times ask how to setup email forwarding (to send email via his existing account). Another who ask me why his website point to a HK site from PRC is not accessable in China. I have no idea, I email to eNom, no response. I got to try my best to help them to solve their problems.

I am glad at last they get their problems solved.

That's some of my experience!

Best regards

PrimeDNR:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom