Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

renewing a .co.uk at nominet, £94.00??

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, I want to renew my only .co.uk which is set to be suspended in 3 or so days. When I log into nominet, I have the option to renew it there, but the fee will be £94.00 ?!

It says my registrar is 123reg (which I understand suck), what options do I have?

I am unfamiliar with the .co.uk namespace / system and would be thankful for your advice

Regards

mgstudent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to renew it through 123reg. If you have issues call them up. It should only cost around £6 for the 2 year renewal.
Renewing directly through Nominet will cost you the £94.

You can transfer a UK domain name to a new registrar, but you will need to check the process. You will need the registrar's IPS-TAG.
If 123reg are slow or cannot help you or are causing you issues then (after placing the transfer order at a new registrar) I think that you can pay Nominet £10 directly to bypass 123reg and have them transfer the domain to the new registrar.

I've done this in the past, just not sure if you can do all of this at every step of the domain expiry/suspension/deletion life cycle. Call them for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom