Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Retiring off parked domain revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would It be better to concentrate on a few big revenue domains or many little ones? I am trying to reach the $100 per day revenue mark and was wondering if anyone had advice on obtaining this goal.
I think many little ones might be easier bacause no one wants to sell a high revenue domain making easy money. Alternatively, many domain deals can be had at the $100 per domain level.
Could purchasing $50,000 worth of domains bring in $100 per day, excluding renewal fees?
Parked not devoleped.

Domain Days 2024

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Figuratively speaking ... if you purchased a decent domain that was making $1.00/day, the domain would most likely cost you around $750 (at minimum). So for the $100/day you would offcourse need 100 of these $1/day domains ... which could cost you around $75,000 or more.

If you purchase revenue names in bulk from the same seller, you are more inclined to get a discount ... so it's "possible" for around $50k but unlikely.

Good luck

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
excluding renewal fees

I don't think for domain earning $100/day is renewal fee an issue ;)

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Deny007, are you saying 100 little ones or 10 big ones.
The 10 big ones would save you money when it comes time to renew, compared to 100 renewals.

denny007 said:

100 x $6.95 renewal fee is $695 per year.
That is nothing to sneeze at.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
All assets in the world are worth at least $6.75 per year in maintenance fees. If it isn't worth that, then it's not an asset worth having. If you want to earn $100 per day you should get out your checkbook and write a check for $200,000 to someone.....at least. Why anyone would sell you $36,000 worth of income per year for less than than that I haven't a clue. PPC is the lowest way to price a name. Once you have names making $100 per day then you will really be hurting yourself because those names could be worth so much more than that if you developed or sold them.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For small domains always count profit minus renewal fees. I.e domain making $1/month is in fact $5/year. I thought you talking domain $100/day.
Big domain advantage = you can spend more time to optimize revenue
Big domain disadvantage = bigger risks (WIPO, stolen, lost of traffic etc.)
Small domain in reverse.
Probably noone recently would sell domain for 18 month revenue except blatant TM.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
even when you reach the $100 daily ppc it is no "shoe in" to last , you still have to stay on top of it daily , some names will most likely be typos and pose risk and won't go on forever.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wipo is a big problem as people are getting cheekier vtrying to steal your domain so dont spend to much cash on one domain.

Joe

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Denny, couldn't help but notice, and this is completely off the subject, but you look like "Booger" from the 80's movie, Revenge of the Nerds. If you haven't seen it, check it out.

-Joe

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:

Sorry Denny007, I didn't realize what you were saying.
I'm sure the renewal of ONE domain making $100 a day wouldn't be bad. It may actually be FUN !!!
renewing 100 would not be fun.

none

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Renewing 100 would only cost you 7/365 days of revenue.

That's a very small price to pay.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
If you want to earn $100 per day you should get out your checkbook and write a check for $200,000 to someone.....at least.

Ummmm, no!

Don't listen to the Dog, just look around the forums. It's easy to make wild speculations, but looking at names currently sold around here you wont have to spend nearly $200,000. There are plenty of names rightfully selling at 1-2 years revenue. I would recommend getting 20-30 names making $4-$5 per day because there is less risk involved. If you buy or two great names, what happens if they get stolen or traffic slows way down for some reason? Don't keep all your eggs in one basket - if you do it smartly you can get 20 names making around $5 per day for ~ $2000 each. Then your total investment is only $40,000 - $50,000.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GTWeb said:
Then your total investment is only $40,000 - $50,000.

I wasn't thinking $40K but 20 domains making $5 each per day sounds right.

Anyone want to sell a domain making $5 per day for $1500 - $2000?

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people are uneducated in the whole new PPC x revenue craze.

Its very possible to buy domains from people you contact directly and get steals.. You wouldnt believe some of the domains we have acquired in the last 6-12 months for 5-10K.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
typeins said:
Plenty of people are uneducated in the whole new PPC x revenue craze.

Its very possible to buy domains from people you contact directly and get steals.. You wouldnt believe some of the domains we have acquired in the last 6-12 months for 5-10K.

Exactly...people who are saying this will cost 8-10 years revenue are not looking at the current market. You can buy a name making $1 per day with SEDO for $300 on the forum and then move it to DS and see it make $5 per day. It's been done before...you just need to do your research and get a little lucky finding good deals.

Bob: I meant $40,000 for your whole collection ($2,000 per name * 20)

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It also works the other way around too though.. Most people are WAY too stuck on revenue x months for name value. We have domains that make hardly any revenue yet get 6 figure offers on them all the time.

I do think the whole revenue x months craze is good for the industry as a whole as its bringing a lot more people on board which only drives prices higher in the long run.. Which is good for those who already have larger portfolios but bad for those just getting on board..

Anyway.. i guess in answer to your question, yes its possible to make $100 a day without spending 100-200K on domains.. You just wont be able to buy the domains from people on this board to do it :)

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It does happen though , I bought one that makes $5 a day here a couple months ago for $900 , sometimes being here at the right time pays off.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You might want to try researching names if you have the time. There are still unreg'd domains that pull in $xx daily..not just typos either.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvestors said:
You might want to try researching names if you have the time. There are still unreg'd domains that pull in $xx daily..not just typos either.

Generic domains making xx/day (at least 3,500 per year) that are UNregistered? Do you mind sharing some that you've found, that's an amazing find.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameYourself said:
Generic domains making xx/day (at least 3,500 per year) that are UNregistered? Do you mind sharing some that you've found, that's an amazing find.

I didn't say generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom