Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Retiring off parked domain revenue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol

it's still possible to buy names that can make $100 a day, for less than you think, but many are high risk names.

also, it's still possible to regg a name that makes $1.00 a day or more!

Domain Days 2024

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they aren't typos, and they arent generic, then they don't exist.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
financialtraffic said:
If they aren't typos, and they arent generic, then they don't exist.

I said not just typos..not that they all aren't typos.

The ones that aren't typos are expired and dropped domains that were once websites, and/or with a ton of backlinks, etc.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're not going to stake a retirement on typos and good ole' link rot sites leftover from days gone by, are you?

Like grains of sand trickling through an hour glass...so too goes the revenue. They can certainly be preserved but that takes a facelift every once in a while, and even that isn't a sure way to maintain the revenue.

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just follow GT Web and you will be rich. He is an expert on revenue names. Of course, he's still in school, so he doesn't really have a lot of experience with investments and rates of return. The bottom line is that if you are looking to write someone a check for $3,000 and then make that back in one year while sitting on you ass, then it likely won't happen for you. If the revenue was legit you would be paying lots more than 8 and 10 years revenue for these names; not just months.

Once again, most people making comments about revenue have very little historical understanding of rates of return when it comes to money. Billionaires have been made by the steady compounding of rates that you guys suggest are way over-priced. So, if you are going to play the one and two year revenue game, just please understand that for the most part you are just a sucker, because if the names and revenue were legit, then billionaires would be sprouting up with regularity off of these names....at least multi-millionaires. There are exceptions to most every rule, but for the most part strong PPC earnings just aren't going to happen unless you have great names with tremendous traffic, or you are playing games. PPC money is pretty much just bonus money for 99 percent of the people.

If you think the experienced domainers are going to sell you good traffic names for anything less than 100 months PPC revenue then you are smoking too much crack. If you want the diamonds in the rough you need to think outside of the box a little bit. Putting a Names Wanted post on Dn Forum and offering to pay 12 months revenue leaves you squarely inside the box.

The biggest prices come from end-users who don't frequent message boards...and they never ask for stats. Happy trading.

dvestors

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was just mentioning a way for Bob to earn $xx daily without spending 5 or 6 figures, to help reach his goal of $100 per day. The majority of income from these domains are steady..you just have to make sure your ads relate to what the website used to offer.

I do know that I wouldn't stake a retirement on ppc. But I'm in my 20's, so I have a longer time until my retirement days approach..and we don't know if domains will even be valuable when I'm ready to retire in 40 years..But if you're over 55 now, relying on ppc income would sound more feasible I guess. I hope Bob's going for more than $36.5k a year :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
Just follow GT Web and you will be rich. He is an expert on revenue names. Of course, he's still in school, so he doesn't really have a lot of experience with investments and rates of return.

You seem to think very highly of yourself. The point I was trying to make is that you dont HAVE to spend $200,000 to buy a portfolio of names making $100 per day. I didn't say that was right or wrong, but if you look around this very forum, you will see names pop up almost daily which can be bought for the equivalent of 1 year's revenue.

And you think just because I am a university student I lack experience on this industry or your "profound" knowledge? Give me a break and stop being such an elitist.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you think the experienced domainers are going to sell you good traffic names for anything less than 100 months PPC revenue then you are smoking too much crack.

Who is currently buying pure revenue domains at 100 months earnings? I would like to meet them. I'm sure that developable domains can sell for this, but pure revenue domains...Mispellings and typos of generics?

It's one thing to sell "finance.com" at 100 months earnings...because earnings don't really matter if it's going to be developed. It's another thing to sell "finanec.com" for 100 months earnings.

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duckinla said:
Who is currently buying pure revenue domains at 100 months earnings?

iReit
Marchex
The Rest...

That is the current market rate for generic domains.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this very forum you will see names pop up almost daily which can be bought for the equivalent of 1 year's revenue

99% of it is scam...on THIS VERY FORUM. My VERY experience. I believe not only mine.

couldn't help but notice you look like "Booger" from the 80's movie, Revenge of the Nerds

Which one is Bogger ? http://www.tropiccomics.com/ebay/lcrotnerds21.jpg

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
this very forum you will see names pop up almost daily which can be bought for the equivalent of 1 year's revenue

99% of it is scam...on THIS VERY FORUM. My VERY experience. I believe not only mine.

I know for myself, I have found several such names and none of them ended up being a scam. Many times sellers have not properly monetized the name(s) in question and therefore you can get them at a huge discount. The veterans of DNF sell for 2-3 years revenue usually, but there are certainly users out there who sell legitimately for much less.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also saw god deals but the thing is that until you try you don`t know for sure.
But paying 10 years revenue on something that is very unsure of its future it`s just crazy. I won`t pay more than 2 years. I won`t sell for less than 2 years either.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have found several such names and none of them ended up being a scam.

Me too but in average I do better ROI as "hyena" in drops than on DNF purchases. Because of those - not exactly scammers - but dishonest people. They make i.e. good stats with fake clicks voa proxies or friends or Inet caffees, selling based on traffic with stats from Namedrive/Sedo which log every siht as "traffic" etc. If I buy from DNF members, it is from old sellers which prooved to be honest.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Back to the original questions:

Can you buy $100 per day of revenue for $50,000? Not too likely, maybe more like $80,000-$100,000.

Would it be better to have 100 domains totalling $100 per day or 1 domain totalling $100 per day?
I would take the 100 domains, regardless of the additional registration costs. I would feel safer not having all my eggs in one basket. I also think you could try different things with the individual domains to increase revenue (keyword changes, different parking sites, development, traffic forwarding, etc). With one domain you are less likely to try new things because the risk is too great.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also think you could try different things with the individual domains to increase revenue

Lets MULTIPLY the revenue 20 folds - there is no time to optimize the revenue on 2,000 domains. So important is: whats the value of your time ? I have thousands of doains which would need to optimize, but I have no time for it and is difficult to hire someone who knows how to...

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want me to take a shot at 5-10 of them. Optimizing traffic is mostly what I do these days.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want me to take a shot at 5-10 of them. Optimizing traffic is mostly what I do these days.

OK, email me denny startseek com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom