Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

revealing domains in sales threads are must?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my sales thread > http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=94039 was closed without any warning, because the selling domain in question wasn't displayed in the thread.

my question is then why does every sales thread needs to list a domain? why can't some of them be revealed via p.m.?

there are many reasons why some names preferred to be dealt with in private, with vast majority of them being legitimate. i don't c anything wrong with that, and i don't c why this board insist on 'exclusive revelations.' if seller wants to sell the name via p.m. it should be an option. bottom line is that nobody forces buyer to buy anything, whether that is in the thread or via pm. we are not children here.

therefore, it is of my belief that this rule suck :) and i would like to ask for it to be re-considered.

Upvote 0

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It certainly has payed off for people trying to sell hijacked domains, many buyers would have lost a lot of money otherwise

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can link to the domain name, or have a stats page or something that has the domain name on it.. if you're concerned about people finding the sales page using the search engine.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
It certainly has payed off for people trying to sell hijacked domains, many buyers would have lost a lot of money otherwise

yeah, well what about many legit sellers losing/missing sales 'coz of such 'doom & gloom' scenario comments like yours which might keep people away?

what i am trying 2 find out is there any consideration to the sellers here, or is this whole board catereted 2 the buyers? of course, that doesn make sense coz after all it's 50-50% as all of us here are 'interchangable'. one day we might be buyers, the next day - sellers.

Nicky

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
producer said:
yeah, well what about many legit sellers losing/missing sales 'coz of such 'doom & gloom' scenario comments like yours which might keep people away?

what i am trying 2 find out is there any consideration to the sellers here, or is this whole board catereted 2 the buyers? of course, that doesn make sense coz after all it's 50-50% as all of us here are 'interchangable'. one day we might be buyers, the next day - sellers.
I agree to this....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
producer said:

I'm both a seller and a buyer - there are several creative ways to sell a domain AND include its title. Unless the domain really sucks!

For tm domains, there is always the Exclusive Club.

Another reason for having the domain in the title AND the post is to avoid annoying "PM me the name" bumps.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As this is a public forum - with few exceptions - that would not be possible.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
what if you are trying to sell a website that has already members and you do not want let the whole world know that you are selling it?
The only thing you can really do is not mention the website by name. Link to it, but don't use a descriptive name. Obviously members of your site who are dnf members will see it, but people using the search engines won't come across it.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure if you read the sticky, but the domain *has* to be mentioned in full. Now, you can say "domain DOT biz" or whatever and *maybe* that would be sufficient enough for the mods not to close the thread.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Not sure if you read the sticky, but the domain *has* to be mentioned in full. Now, you can say "domain DOT biz" or whatever and *maybe* that would be sufficient enough for the mods not to close the thread.
Yeah, but let's say I own JonStewart.com.. I could say Jon Stewart ... com or something like that. Someone really isn't going to find it by search engine searching. But you're right, it does make it more difficult. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom