Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

revenue Partners wanted template attributes

Status
Not open for further replies.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok so I spent way too much time this month talking to domain owners who posted ads about developing their sites. They had lotsa domain names but no connection to reality. It was like cracking a pinata with cheese inside. I may get a complementary olezapram prescription (will html for food).

I spent 12 emails on an add guy who must be in an insane asylum or using his dad's computer. This guy was clueless but had read a magazine once. Had no idea what he was doing and was talking to someone who could instantly elevate his parked names to site presences, but what they wanted was a total education in website making, web hosting, websites, web forums, web software and everything else. Somehow they felt this still entitled them to call the shots. Can we get an injection of reality here, stat? This guy complained about limited parking income but wasn't capable of talking about anything other than pie in the sky. The more simple questions I asked, the more clueless he became. This, after 500 word rambles about how his domains had unlimited potential. Potential for what unless he hands over control to people who know what the f they are doing?

How can domain owners who ramble about google adsense slivers and return on value talk about "crushing" forums and hits not know what a "thread or post" is? I had a guy telling me this week he could get 15,000 hits on his forum for $5. What? With no posts, no hosting, whatever? he refused to answer any questions about hosting. Evidently development of his sites was to come from the sky.

Then when i referred him to the stephenking website he wanted one like that. But then it took 3 emails to explain what the)(*&(&*^&^%$&^% Vbulletin was. Oh he didn't wanna pay for that nonsense. Direct questions were met with "I don't know". This is revenue and opportunity for dnforumers and I think many people just can't get from here to there. I propose a solution.

I suggest DNforum or some other website behind a firewall establish some ground rules for this process, because "revenue sharing" in some cases it feels like a scam. At what point is it anything but free work? Who governs handling the revenue reports ? There are a lot of honest and hardworking dnforumers on here that need to be separated from the arrogant "I want a partner "(who'll do all the work and let me talk bs)crowd. With a partner like that how much revenue can there ever be?

Revenue sharing ad boilerplate:

banner provided: y/n
Logo provided y/n
example site given: y/n
Topic:
keywords or site name (IM)
Revenue sharing percentage:
Hosting company:
Plan/package/attribute resources:
words expected:
affiliates links/codes provided:
adsense id provided:
Google id provided:
text content fee paid: y/n

Dear webmaster professional, I understand our partnership for site (blahblah.com) will consist for (6) months of mutual work toward a revenue goal and be conducted with mutual respect. I will not flirt with hosting and cancel resources on a whim. I will not delete work or make administrative decisions that throw away weeks of editing or development because I talked to three people in a coffee shop or saw a relative's website and decided to redo it because i like a polka dot border( and for you to redo it after I made a mess). I promise not to delete root directories or change key assets until some communication and a minimum time period has passed to evaluate the benefit and disadvantages of such changes. Since I know you want to make the money as much as I do, I'm going to assume you will bring your utmost commercializing effort to the site. I promise not to expect you to teach me a third party content management application in three terse sentences or barked commands.

there should be a boilerplate standard for these types of folks who throw around the word partnership to step up to the plate with actual clues. If wise dnforumers don't know it's good for them to get on board and help new or limited domainers out, ......???????

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom