Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Reverse Hijack ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I own a domain name which happens to be the same as some guys company name but with an s on the end. It is two words but generic. He has a tm in the US.

I knew nothing about the company or tm until the bloke contacted me by email a couple of years ago and offered a few hundred dollars. I said about 1k will be fine. No reply until a few days ago (below). I restarted the escrow but again no reply, no contact.

Therefore is the email below the start of a reverse hijack attempt? Perhaps there is nothing to worry about. I have already written back to say that I will cancel the escrow after today. I see that his email suggests that I made the first contact but this is not the case. He was first to contact me.

Any thoughts?

Creature

.................................................................................................
Are you still interested in selling me that URL, once in a while a client mistypes our URL www.****sound.com.

They put an “S” on the end and I have to correct them over the phone.

So to avoid this small inconvenience I was considering your offer all this time.

Are you in away or the UK?

We could do the escrow thing.

All the best Mate,
..................................................................................................

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The letter sounds quite unprofessional. I would try contacting them by phone, to see if they are really serious.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I cancelled the escrow as no further contact.

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The e-mail text seems suspicious to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom