Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Review Backpackers.info

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gday Fellow Members,

Would like some reviews on www.backpackers.info (I also own the .org extension, so I will probably change the name to .org) ... the design is not by me, but I would like feedback on the layout, colours, adsense layouts and everything else.

I am looking for a decent Logo relevant to the site.

I also plan to have a nice photopost gallery, possibly a blog area, classifieds section and travel articles.

Any Advice, Hints, Tips and much more would be greatly appreciated!

Login Details:

Code:
User: backpacker
Pass: 123456

At this stage, all links to tours and hostel bookings go to my affiliate site "BookHostels.com" I would like like soon for everything to be able to be booked on my site without members and visitors leaving my site.... to do this I need XMI and API which I have no idea about! If anyone can help let me know.

The site is aimed at young travelers (mainly European, English, Australian, Canadians) who usually leave home for a year or two to go backpacking the world, Europe, England, Canada, Australia, Asia and New Zealand.

It is not aimed at Hikers, which can also be called backpacking in the USA.

To the average young Australian, Canadian, and many young Europeans, and English, to take off for a couple of years backpacking is like a "Rite of Passage" something you must do before you start University, a Long term Job, get married and so forth.

Backpackers coming to just Australia bring Billions of dollars just to the Australian Economy, 100's of thousands of backpackers come just to Australia every year and most stay for a year to travel and to even work on a working holiday.

Thanks!

Billy

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice site.

When I first went to the site, I actually thought I made a mistake and was at Hostgator because the Ad on the top right stood out so much.

I know that having the ad to be clicked is ideal, but I would get annoyed really quickly if I kept hitting the ad when I meant to hit one of the menu items.

I did like the way you did the ads next to the login. Blended in very well.

Just my opinion

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /404redirect.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.beaututes.com Port 80

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /404redirect.html on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.beaututes.com Port 80

Its working for me!

Nice site.

When I first went to the site, I actually thought I made a mistake and was at Hostgator because the Ad on the top right stood out so much.

I know that having the ad to be clicked is ideal, but I would get annoyed really quickly if I kept hitting the ad when I meant to hit one of the menu items.

I did like the way you did the ads next to the login. Blended in very well.

Just my opinion

Thanks mate! The hostgator ad is just a temp thing.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course it's working for you -- you are likely authenticated to your server by your ID and password. You'll have to allow anon access or post your ID and password.

So why would this be happening then?

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How do I turn it on ... thanks for telling me.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I assume you got it working because I was able to log in with the user/pass you provided in your first post.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No I asked Jupiter how do I turn it on, still waiting for a reply.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Comscout,
nice job! Just logged in fine. Maybe juniper couldn't log in because someone else was logged in at same time with same user id?
I had no troubles. I remember appraising your domain a while back & am impressed you have gone away & done what you said you would.
Excellent domain....excellent site.
The only things i would change IMO:

1/ have a more relevant affiliate link/ banner than hostgator. travel etc would be better obviously!
2/ on the hoepage that greets new members, try & have some pictures of backpacking destinations etc add a bit of colour to excite the eyes & mind & make people want to join
WISH YOU WELL, Predator

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't work on Apache, but in Microsoft it's a checkbox that says 'Anonymous access allowed'.

Very odd that some others are not blocked -- perhaps the code is doing a redirect for USA visitors?

BTW, the error code returned by your server is 403.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom