Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Rick Schwartz and 4,500 Moniker domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
He can drop them all and try catching'em back at Snapnames

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You guys are funny :D

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
By the way, I know for a fact that there are several domainers out there who pretend to be dropping just to see the market reaction.
I'm guilty of that myself.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
He's about to make a $40K bulk domain transfer because Chef Patrick took a peek at who owns ChefPatrickSucks.com? That's hilarious! :D

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way, I know for a fact that there are several domainers out there who pretend to be dropping just to see the market reaction.
I'm guilty of that myself.

Ditto... its a solid practice that draws a lot of attention to ones names. I've had people who've made offers in the past, reg the .net and .org waiting for the .com to drop lol.

Ok Back to thread topic.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When moving bulk domains, you often get a great deal at the new registrar; so moving will save you money.
Netsol, many years ago, would move entire portfolios for free, to try and increase their business - and that
was when domains cost a lot more than now. Moving a lot of domains can be a pain if you have them sorted
out into folders, but you can just keep a record of it. There are a few registrars that let you set the Auth code
to whatever you want, which is convenient but I dont think Moniker does that.

I suppose any registrar could have a rogue employee, but after thinking about it some more, it does seem like more
should have been done in this situation. People need to have confidence in their registrar; this stuff needs to be
transparent - a lot of money is involved in domaining, as well as time, effort, and planning.

I myself want to give less business to godaddy. I have lost respect for Parsons. Still looking at options,
but Enom is looking good to me as a solid registrar.

Kevin

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With just a few more domains, he could have his own registrar.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With just a few more domains, he could have his own registrar.

Asked him that a few years ago and he said that he has no interest in being/owning a registrar. Regarding hiim moving his domains, I was under the assumption that unless ICANN waves the requirement (like in the case of a defunct registrar) you can't get around the renewal (and fee) for a cross registrar transfer. That being said, I am not sure how something like GoDaddy's service that syncs up your expiry dates works so it goes to show there is some sort of system flexibility. I have no issue with him moving the domains. He seems like a loyal guy and if he feels like they have crossed the line ethically, he might feel compelled to move those names, expecially for as much as he harped on them over the incident. Good luck to him.

ksinclair

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At the very least, this incident suggests that people should move out their most important names out of Moniker, and perhaps their controversial ones.

Moniker is down right now, too. :(

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The poll shows that 64% of voters don't care :D

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and the other 36% was Rick going through proxy servers, voting, trying to pretend people DO care ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom