Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ridiculous Delay In Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been almost 48 since I pushed a domain, I sold ,into sedo's account and I have not been paid yet.
These are 2 WORKING DAYS.
What the **** is going on with sedo?

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Payment via PayPal or Wire?

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the difference? They have not processed payment.
It took them almost 36 hours to confirm the push.

nitronet

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you ever read anything good about Sedo anywhere???

Do what most smart domainers have done...forget them.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with Nitronet, if you are just into sales then you would be better spending your time and money and of course sanity hiring yourself a broker who actually knows the industry (not a sedo broker).

Sedo is more of a boiler room sales outfit, once the deal is agreed their is no incentive for these guys to actually go above and beyond. The staff are pretty much treated like Crap their, by always being reminded that they are lucky to have a job.. (SEVERAL of the Staff & x-Staff have openly mentioned this)

If you want to park then SEDO is one of the less profitable out of the lot, and its to much of a bad soap opera having to deal with their BS, shill accounts and contempt for the domainers and the domain industry.

I still hold out hope that one day someone will go in an really shake that company up, it has a great business model, it just lacks the integrity and the right people to pull it off which is such a shame as I once held it in such high regard.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
A WHOLE 48 hours that is outrageous!!!!

Am I the only one tired of reading these posts?

It took 48 hours? So what? In any business if you go through a wholesaler, or a broker, transactions take longer than selling direct, what you gain is greater exposure and usually you sell in bigger quantities.

“ ….but Sedo make a lot of money” is often the argument, yep and so do Google, still takes 4 days for their bots to answer emails.

The bottom line is that you need to ask yourself if the pros outweigh the cons and take a decision. What is the point of constant whinging and feet stomping?

no…I am not sedo staff.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A wire takes about 2 minutes to send.
If you think that sending a wire should take more than that let me know.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Guess they don't have a dedicated staff member on standby waiting to send your wires

BTW takes a minute to send but up to three days for your bank to credit it

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can send tens or hundreds of wires in one day(ppc payment day) but they can't send mine in 2 days? They simply don't care.

And I am not talking about my bank. I am talking about their website under billing. It says pending when it has not been send.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I understand. You complain not because it will take several days to get the money credited into your bank account, but because it takes them several working days just to actually process the payment. Can be frustrating when you are out of your domain and was not paid. I know the feeling but its pretty much the same for every escrow service, sedo is no exception. Give them a call, and it will be processed faster. I always contact people to speed up the process, otherwise it would take a week before they dare processing a payment.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, my first reply wasnt meant to be personal.

But maybe because we are making good money we demand a little bit too much from sedo.

I expect that in the near future somebody is going to post:

" I dropped my car keys in my drive way, why the **** hasn't sedo picked them up........"

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fishfinger said:
" I dropped my car keys in my drive way, why the **** hasn't sedo picked them up........"

I think you really are taking that a bit too far, and insulting the intelligence of the the very people who use this board.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fishfinger said:
Ok, my first reply wasnt meant to be personal.

But maybe because we are making good money we demand a little bit too much from sedo.

I expect that in the near future somebody is going to post:

Ya...so you've been on the forum for a few days...made 7 posts and you start insulting well known and respected members?

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
I think you really are taking that a bit too far, and insulting the intelligence of the the very people who use this board.

In what way? Apart from the fact that is was meant to be a caricature.

The truth is I am not a big fan of sedo either, but what is the point of leading a sedo bashing crusade like you have?

I think insulting peoples intelligence is not letting them make up there own minds.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's Sedo bashing, but just feedback that they should monitor and try to listen to their patrons.

Sedo has taken up to almost one month with me on a transaction, and a week or more is quite common. Now everybody has problems in these transactions, but with them it seems a habit.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
again with the insults, do you think that the people on here are brain dead geeks who are incapable of making up their own minds?

I know and respect the members of this board; as do I respect their intelligence to make their own informed decisions regardless of what I or anyone else says

Clearly their are issues with the sedo transfer process, as this has been a major bone of contention for well over a year, and has been well documented on this and other boards.

People are here to share praise, and flames. Sedo has made themselves a target, the more people who shout about it can only do good as it highlights flaws that need to be addressed.

fishfinger said:
In what way? Apart from the fact that is was meant to be a caricature.

The truth is I am not a big fan of sedo either, but what is the point of leading a sedo bashing crusade like you have?

I think insulting peoples intelligence is not letting them make up there own minds.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There was no insult intended

As a matter of fact, I agree with most of what you just wrote.

But I did think that posting “what the **** is going…” after 48 hours or calling Sedo a “Boiler room sales outfit” was a bit strong and unjustified.

As you said, people are here to share praises and flames and I was trying to establish some balance. I went about it the wrong way. Too agressive.

I do respect the members of this board - yourself included- so if I offended anybody I apologize.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally stand by my comments especially the Boiler Room Sales part, its no secret that once a deal has been made, their is little to no real customer support to usher the sale through.

Boiler Rooms are all about the numbers, not about the customer service. From experience all my domain sales at SEDO have went south and if it wasnt for me keeping on top of it, I know it would of went on much longer.

DVDRip is a respected member, he is clearly frustrated at the lack of response , this is the real issue. We all know how long it takes to transfer domains as we all buy and sell everyday. We can all do it in a day, and 3-5 days if we do it by escrow, the difference is that we all know where we stand. When you bring SEDO in to the equation, we are blinded due to them not updating status, so we are having to chase them. This is where all the frustration happens. Information is important, but the right information can mean the difference between a good and bad experience.

This is an ongoing issue that is not being addressed, I know and appreciate that it can be a frustrating time for the SEDO staff, but that really is not the point, they are paid to do a job and to supply its customers with the right information at the right time.

Being complacent will be their undoing.

We live in the information age, sedo mentality need to catch up.

Dont get me wrong I love their business model, I think its hands down better than the likes of AfterNIC, but SEDO just dont seem to be able to pull it off and I hope it is not for the want of trying.

A company is only as good as the people who works for it, and I believe their in lies the problems.

My rhetoric may be harsh, but its outta belief that they can change for the better. I would love to see nothing more than SEDO getting back to the way it was, getting back to a point where they actually gave a damn.

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
I don't think it's Sedo bashing, but just feedback that they should monitor and try to listen to their patrons.

Sedo has taken up to almost one month with me on a transaction, and a week or more is quite common. Now everybody has problems in these transactions, but with them it seems a habit.

Wise post. Fully agree. No one wants this "habit" to remain, because it seems to grow stronger everyday, not a single sedo cheerleader posted in this thread, its not a good sign. My 2 cents.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
xmas13 said:
not a single sedo cheerleader posted in this thread, its not a good sign. My 2 cents.

Hehe. That made me laugh and it is fair game :thumb:

There is another thread going at the moment where fairly similar issues are being discussed

http://www.dnforum.com/thread156794.html

xmas13 comes up with what would be a very simple solution

xmas13 said:
Conclusion:

- SEDO needs more staff during business days.

- SEDO needs to open an office in India to do business during week-ends.

In my opinion, more effective then "what the **** is going..."

Sorry for another analogy, I hope this one doesn't offend anyone:

Have you ever been at an airport check-in counter when a passenger is shouting? There is not much anybody can answer to "what the **** " or "you are a **** company"

I just don't get how that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom