Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Ridiculous Delay In Payments

Status
Not open for further replies.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fishfinger said:
I just don't get how that helps

I totally agree, it doesnt help. But nothing else seems to work either so what is a domainer to do?

All anyone is asking is to be kept informed with up to date information. All domains should be pushed to SEDO, afterall you are paying them to manage the sale for you, so perhaps they should actually manage it instead of letting it all work out for itself, Every domain sale I have done upwards of $5000 the sale is completed within 4 days, this is because I take the time to communicate with the buyer and assist with the transfer by getting them to create an account with the program where the domain is registered.

From experience and the constant stream of complaints about this, there clearly are issues.

I would not mind if the domain took 7 days to complete, as long as I knew exactly where I stood. But the lack of email responses and lack of updating the status really is unacceptable, sometimes one voice has to make enough noise to be heard.

Buyers should be told method of payment so as to ascertain the timescales. All wire/paypal/credit card payments should have associated tracking numbers to automatically update the status, I am sure it is not beyond the talents of SEDO staff to develop integration with PayPal or its Banks to notify SEDO's databases on the status of a payment.

Once payment is transmitted the buyer should then be requested to create an account at the registrar where the domain is listed and then they should login to their SEDO account and enter the transfer details. Once payment is approved an automated email should be made to the seller informing them of the transfer instructions, the seller should then update the status stating that transfer has been completed to buyers account.

Once confirmed SEDO release payment via the requested method while offering the opportunity to the Seller to have an Express Wire Payment or the normal 3 day service.

This is not rocket science its common sense and it will surely save them a lot of hassle and loss of respect.

H

H2FC

Thanks dvdrip for reporting inexcusable habits of customer abuse by one of the major players in the domain industry. I, for one, appreciate knowing about such problems; that's one of the main reasons I visit this forum every day.

I'm hoping everything will turn out well for you after you've worked through a mountain of aggravation and BS. This kind of stuff could easily be avoided if more companies would take a sincere interest in helping and taking care of their customers.

Thanks again...keep up the good work

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dvdrip said:
A wire takes about 2 minutes to send.
If you think that sending a wire should take more than that let me know.
Sending out ONE wire might take 2 minutes, but I believe Sedo sends out quite a few more wires each day...

dvdrip said:
They can send tens or hundreds of wires in one day(ppc payment day) but they can't send mine in 2 days? They simply don't care.
Comparing parking to sales is like comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion. I don't know it 100%, but their PPC payments are probably sent automatically by their billing system while the payments for domain sales are sent out by the people working for Sedo.

By the way, 48 hours isn't so long... International wire transfers can take up to 7 business days to be completed, in my experience.

fishfinger

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey Namestrands

At the last sedo conference question time lasted about 15 minutes, a few of us complained about the extra charges for UK domainers and I think that was about it.

Articulated and thought out solutions like above are what we should be putting forward when we get a chance.

If sedo haven’t already rejected the idea of implementing this kind of process then it is worth bringing it up and stress how important it is to sedo users. At least we would know if something is stopping them of doing so or if they simply don’t care.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they are able to send PPC payments automatically then it is easy to do the same with domain sales. I don't understand why this is different.

I don't understand what you are saying about international wire transfers either... I am not complaining that it took to much time to get here.

dodo1 said:
Comparing parking to sales is like comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion. I don't know it 100%, but their PPC payments are probably sent automatically by their billing system while the payments for domain sales are sent out by the people working for Sedo.

By the way, 48 hours isn't so long... International wire transfers can take up to 7 business days to be completed, in my experience.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Well-said, the PPC is a joke as well. Drop drop drop - all downhill since January.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
Well-said, the PPC is a joke as well. Drop drop drop - all downhill since January.
...and yet, at least all the domains listed in your signature are still parked there although you complain all the time....seems a little hypocritical IMO...to the innocent bystander it would look like you are running a personal vendetta...

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you monitor his complaints?

NAMESTRANDS why do you think their business model so much better than Afternics? Thank you

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Judging by the recent gaffes by Sedo, we'll be seeing more "supportive" comments in the am.

Just wasted 20 minutes checking all my portfolio for altered keywords - many were changed (read: "optimized") in the past couple of days by Sedo, who also changed my top-grossing domain's keywords, plunging revenue by 75%

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had a delay yet again...

xxxxxxxx.biz: pushed on Friday = WIRE NOT SEND YET
xxxxxxxx.com: pushed on Monday = WIRE SEND ON MONDAY
xxxxxxxx.org (That was in my original post) SAME DELAY WITH xxxxxxxxx.biz

Someone is not doing their job!!!!!!!!! Guess who that is?
Guess what xxxxxxxxxx.biz and xxxxxxxxx.org have in common? The same broker.
[email protected] = Working
[email protected] = NOT WORKING

Guess who's fault that is? SEDO's!!!
Lies are told to cover things up... and more lies... lies...
Matt start hiring more people...
You don't give a shit anymore. Guess what I give to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom