Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

RPC & Rev - Down, Down, Down :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys/gals I was a little tied up today or I would have responded earlier. In a nutshell, Yahoo implemented some new code last Wednesday and this new code affected all platforms including the all Yahoo based parking companies and even Yahoo.com itself. The code was rolled back sometime on Thursay so the normal numbers started coming back a little on Thursday's final numbers, but all of Friday's numbers should be back to normal.

What actually happened? If you had very specific domains that targeted keywords that weren't generic keywords you were affected by this problem. Yahoo has 2 types of results that they return, the first is called exact match, which is when somebody types in "windows server hosting" and an advertiser had bid on "windows server hosting", this is where most make the most money. The other type is broad match, which is when somebody searches for "what was the score of Alabama vs LSU in football" and since there probably isn't an exact match for this, Yahoo uses all of the words to create a search. This is the basically the same system that Yahoo uses with YPN. Because this is a broad match, the prices are lower than exact match.

The problem that was introduced last week put the broad match above the exact match. What this this is that the advertisers paid less, we received less, and our partners received less. This didn't affect everybody, just some of our partners.

But that's about all I know.

Our estimates on daily basis should be a little low for the next few days as it relearns the prices for different keywords.

Donny

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a nutshell, Yahoo implemented some new code last Wednesday and this new code affected all platforms including the all Yahoo based parking companies and even Yahoo.com itself.

Wow, I'm impressed with the honesty and sincerity of your statement.
I already thought highly of Parked but your follow-up communication on a saturday night
raised my opinion.

Your explanation makes sense. However, I also think that Yahoo (and Google) have
been paying less and less for a while.

Thank you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Friday was record day for me. So thanks Donny :D

discovernow

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Donny,

Thanks for the follow-up. Hope you had a great time in LA. See you at Domain Fest in January.

Thanks, Jim

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My revenue are getting worse

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is too early to make a decision to move any domains but I am seeing Google coming back quicker.
For example, my RPC is steadily rising even yesterday (Sunday) after hitting
a very low plateau at DS

Looking at my stats at Parked, the RPM is my immediate barometer.
And, I'm not seeing a bounceback yet.

Most of this is out of Donny's control. It is Yahoo. All Donny can do is give us the vehicle to
maximize our click thru.

If this was happening in January or July, it wouldn't be as alarming.
But, this is the beginning of prime time for online shopping.

Lets see if Google's RPC continues to rise.
And, lets hope Yahoo begins passing thru some of the record advertising dollars.

Added 11 hours later -

Today, DNJ made a posting on lowdown about some of the concerns with Yahoo and Google.

http://www.dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

I've written often about the massive wave of ad dollars migrating to the web from traditional media outlets.
However, despite the companies at the top of the food chain, Google and Yahoo!, taking in more and more ad dollars,
I'm hearing a rising crescendo of complaints from Google and Yahoo! are piling up ad dollars but fewer and fewer of
them seem to be reaching their downstream partners.
Google and Yahoo's downstream partners -domain owners and web publishers

Sleepys

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is too early to make a decision to move any domains but I am seeing Google coming back quicker.

I am noticing the same thing. I still like Parked very much, and there are still many domains that simply need the multiple clicks, but as stated above, I am noticing a Google feeds coming back rather than Yahoo.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems the bump in the road from yahoo has passed and big congrats and much thanks to Donny and the whole parked team for keeping us all up to date with whats normally only "insiders info" it's very nice to know whats going on with things as a customer and partner, I'm very glad to be using parked.com and there is none better anywhere! :eek:k:

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stats still haven't updated for yesterday - if they stay where they are, it will be my best day in six weeks. Today is back to low ctr though...

epc is going up still though.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still waiting on the update here too..

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems the bump in the road from yahoo has passed and big congrats and much thanks to Donny and the whole parked team for keeping us all up to date with whats normally only "insiders info" it's very nice to know whats going on with things as a customer and partner, I'm very glad to be using parked.com and there is none better anywhere! :eek:k:

I think thats a given for all us loyal PARKED'ers! :eek:k:

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
control panel is not working at all ( usually it is only very slow but now it is not working at all)

Fatal error: Unable to connect to MySQL server on 192.168.226.5 in /www/phpinclude/database.inc.php on line 200

maybe some at parked will read this and fix it.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
control panel is not working at all ( usually it is only very slow but now it is not working at all)

Fatal error: Unable to connect to MySQL server on 192.168.226.5 in /www/phpinclude/database.inc.php on line 200

maybe some at parked will read this and fix it.

Seems like some sort of upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom