Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Rules for Domain Sales threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any Rules enforced in Domain Sales anymore...

I have been seeing more and more rules being completely ignored, such as:

1. Not including domain in thread title

2. People making off-topic or irrelevant comments in sales threads.

etc...

Constructive feedback appreciated

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any Rules enforced in Domain Sales anymore...

I have been seeing more and more rules being completely ignored, such as:

1. Not including domain in thread title

2. People making off-topic or irrelevant comments in sales threads.

etc...

Constructive feedback appreciated

Yes, they are being enforced as much as possible.

Please report any infractions by hitting the "R" button in any post that violates forum guidelines.

Thanks

DrDomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There ought to be a rule against sellers calling every $25 and $50 .net and .org domain they want to peddle "premium." LOL

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There ought to be a rule against sellers calling every $25 and $50 .net and .org domain they want to peddle "premium." LOL

it's an over-used term, in my opinion, and most often "inapplicable" to the domain being advertised.

however, while some members are using the adjective hoping to make a sale, the experienced domainers just laugh to themselves as they scroll thru the lineup! :)

but every now and then.... a true "premium" name will pop up and more than likely, it won't have the word "premium" in the title!.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Some people will call any domain premium. You're definition is different than someone elses. Also apparantly some people wouldn't consider any .net, .org domains Premium :rolleyes:

Unless you have a valid point to make, it would be common courtesy not to post comments in a sales thread.

thanx

DrDomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get real. With a week full of six and seven figure sales happening, $25 domains are not premium in anyone's eyes regardless of which crappy extension you attach. This industry should be past this kind of delusional hyperbole, especially as VC guys enter the picture. That's just my two cents and I've learned that arguing with new members here is pointless. Biggedon summed it up well. Peace

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Get real. With a week full of six and seven figure sales happening, $25 domains are not premium in anyone's eyes regardless of which crappy extension you attach. This industry should be past this kind of delusional hyperbole, especially as VC guys enter the picture. That's just my two cents and I've learned that arguing with new members here is pointless. Biggedon summed it up well. Peace

Maybe send this in an email to Premiumdomains.com etc... if you feel so strongly about this. lol

Also, what do you mean by "crappy extensions"?

DrDomains

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Dare I say it? Non-dom coms. The sooner you figure that out, the more money you will make....so you can buy some truly PREMIUM DOT COMS. :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe send this in an email to Premiumdomains.com etc... if you feel so strongly about this. lol

Now I see the reason for this thread.

As I looked back thru some of your recent sales threads, I noticed the term "premium" attached to a couple of them.

Since you invoked the name of that service/site, I am assuming that's what made you think your names were premium?

Also, I'm assuming that you have issue with a member because he asked "were the premium names already sold?", in your thread?

In that instance, imo as a member, I think it was a little sarcastic, but a fair question. Since you are putting "premium" in the title to describe the content of your thread.
If you felt if was inappropriate, again... you should report it.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Now I see the reason for this thread.

As I looked back thru some of your recent sales threads, I noticed the term "premium" attached to a couple of them.

Since you invoked the name of that service/site, I am assuming that's what made you think your names were premium?

Also, I'm assuming that you have issue with a member because he asked "were the premium names already sold?", in your thread?

In that instance, imo as a member, I think it was a little sarcastic, but a fair question. Since you are putting "premium" in the title to describe the content of your thread.
If you felt if was inappropriate, again... you should report it.

I posted this thread because I felt a lack of response from the forum mods. I was also annoyed at some threads not including the domain in the title. I remember it being in the rules that you should include the domain in the thread title.

IMO unconstructive comments should not be allowed, in this case I believe it was to make an insulting comment in my sales thread. But I believe the issue is resolved... Also, I don't use Premiumdomains.com. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom