Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Safenames

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Hi All

I am having a problem moving one of our domain from the registrar SAFENAMES to another registrar.

The domain is question was secured through snapnames.com last year and is due to expire in a couple of weeks. I have just been told that I cannot move the domain because there is an outstanding renewal invoice but the registration is current so I am not sure if they have any right to refuse this transfer.

I have chosen not to pay their renewal invoice because I can renew at a much cheaper price elsewhere, furthermore, the registration is still current
and SAFENAMES are refusing to cancel the invoice and unlock the domain.

Has anyone come accross this registrar before or had any issues with them?

Regards

Mark

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UKPro said:
WITHOUT PREJUDICE Hi All I am having a problem moving one of our domain from the registrar SAFENAMES to another registrar.

The domain is question was secured through snapnames.com last year and is due to expire in a couple of weeks. I have just been told that I cannot move the domain because there is an outstanding renewal invoice but the registration is current so I am not sure if they have any right to refuse this transfer.

I have chosen not to pay their renewal invoice because I can renew at a much cheaper price elsewhere, furthermore, the registration is still current

Regards Mark

Same problems with them and a subsidiary firm too IDP365.com. Almost impossible to transfer away, especially names where auth codes are needed and you can't get it, or they are locked and can not be unlocked.

Also no support, they never reply to support requests. I sent them about a dozen or more with no response over past 2 yrs. Amazingly it even seems difficult to renew the name if you are forced to stay. Not uncommon as other UK registrars are bad like them for some odd reason, including Easyspace.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had two names with them that I acquired through thefirstname.com drop service.

I wanted to transfer them out last August for the same reason (expensive to renew).

It wasn't straightforward, but I got all the help I needed from the thefirstname.com staff, in particular they gave me the auth info codes, and I managed to transfer out successfully.

I hope you manage to transfer out ok, but it looks like safenames aren't going to make it easy for you, especially if they won't accept that payment for the domain is up to date.

jon.stock ATT safenames.co.uk was the person who ended up giving me fairly promptly one of the auth codes I needed after thefirstname.com contacted him.

UKPro

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback guys ........

hotsauce

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UKPro said:
WITHOUT PREJUDICE
Hi All

I am having a problem moving one of our domain from the registrar SAFENAMES to another registrar.

Regards

Mark

Mark,

I have the exact same issue as you with a domain expiring that is under invoice at the moment and which I'm requesting to be unlocked. If you do manage to sort it out, please do let me know how. I'll pass along any info from my end.

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom