Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sales threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not make it easier on the staff to put a check in place to not allow a thread to be created in the sales forums with no domain name, spacing in the name, etc? Wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Just a thought.

Upvote 0

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea imo

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not make it easier on the staff to put a check in place to not allow a thread to be created in the sales forums with no domain name, spacing in the name, etc? Wouldn't be hard to implement at all.

Just a thought.

Good idea, would save hassle when innocent mistake made & would save having to wait 24 hours.
Pred

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Just a thought.

I find this a good idea too, although one thing I don't understand is the "no spacing in the name" - Why? Someone might not want to have his sale indexed

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find this a good idea too, although one thing I don't understand is the "no spacing in the name" - Why? Someone might not want to have his sale indexed

exactly, i've always thought that too. not sure why they are so funny about it?
cheers
Pred

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, not sure of the reasoning behind this rule at all. Good idea to automate it.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the rule was implemented after the social(.)com theft issue. I have no problem with the new rule as long as people follow all the alternatives given to avoid being indexed by Google.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the rule was implemented after the social(.)com theft issue. I have no problem with the new rule as long as people follow all the alternatives given to avoid being indexed by Google.

Thanks Ian, didn't realise that was why they had to do it.
cheers
Pred

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a good idea, as it would alleviate staff having to close threads, which do not comply with forum guidelines.

perhaps Admins will look into this.

BlueSkies

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of the acceptable alternatives somewhere? From your example, I can see that parentheses around the dot may be one of them ...

I actually like being able to search on a domain name. Perhaps this is because I am now monitoring my domain social(.)com very closely after having recovered it.

- BlueSkies

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is there a list of the acceptable alternatives somewhere? From your example, I can see that parentheses around the dot may be one of them ...

I do not believe it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom