Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

San Diego Here We Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is included, taking the conference fee into consideration?
(lodging, food, entertainment, etc)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
brn2h8 said:
What is included, taking the conference fee into consideration?
(lodging, food, entertainment, etc)

The one thing I can assure you of at this point is it won't include lodging.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wanted to make something clear before the naysayers arrive here. This event will occur. Whether it's Dale and I sitting in a San Diego bar or 150 people in meeting room. I am compelled to do this. I would not be compelled had the Rick love fest allowed anyone to attend and everyone payed equally. Not $1,000.00 if you're in Rick's clique or $5,000.00 if you're not. Stay tuned at www.DollarSigns.com.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrrr.... I used to live in San Diego. Now I'm in the cold Midwest and won't be able to make it.

Those of you that do go won't find a better place to hold such an event: the weather, beaches, bars, the weather, food (esp. if you like Mexican), the weather, girls, sun, night life, did I mention the weather?

I'm jealous! I would urge everyone to make this trip. You won't be sorry.

Oh, and if you can't fly into San Diego I would choose John Wayne Airport (Orange Cnty) before LAX. Closer and much less hassle.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
768768 said:
grrrrrrrrrrr.... I used to live in San Diego. Now I'm in the cold Midwest and won't be able to make it.

Those of you that do go won't find a better place to hold such an event: the weather, beaches, bars, the weather, food (esp. if you like Mexican), the weather, girls, sun, night life, did I mention the weather?

I'm jealous! I would urge everyone to make this trip. You won't be sorry.

Oh, and if you can't fly into San Diego I would choose John Wayne Airport (Orange Cnty) before LAX. Closer and much less hassle.

Thanks for the encouragement! I didn't mention John Wayne Airport because I don't think it accepts international flights or is big enough for 747's. It's generally a bit more expensive to fly into, and they still have a fairly long drive, possibly through some rather horrible Orange Country traffic.

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
avs162 said:
i would attend
If you go, I go. Whoops, I'm suppose to be lurking for domains, not posting. :laugh:

Anyway, since this is my first post - Allow me to commend you Greg, sounds great. The Mexican border being so close, doesn't hurt either (RX) - lol I kid. But seriously, I love the whole concept of a conference similar to T.R.A.F.F.I.C minus the domainers with a severe inferiority complex.

:bandit:

adill420

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

although this thread was last posted a while ago, I have few questions and few comments.

Very excited as this is open to everyone. Some of us including myself are just small time, young, etc etc..Thanks a lot for welcoming everyone!

Questions:
Have you thought about an agenda yet? Please let me know. I might be able to do some research and give some suggestions. Things such as issues, growth, expansion, development, etc etc.

Once again, can't wait for this to happen! Perhaps it would be nice to have a sort of system like meetup for introductions with fellow domainers in our areas such as los angeles, san diego etc.

Good luck! And i am definately in!

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the following note from Dale:

As I was afraid, a few things have come up, and I'm just not going to have nearly the amount if time to devote to the domain event as I had hoped. Only one person has contacted me about it, so I'm not sure it's really an issue... what do you think, should we drop it for now, and perhaps pursue it later?

After receiving this from Dale, I considered having something informal at my house since only 8 people registered at DollarSigns.com. Then I read about domainroundtable.com. I don't see any exclusionary verbiage on the site and I don't see a $1K fee for in the clique or $5K fee for not in the clique. Looks like a good option to me.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregr said:
I received the following note from Dale:

As I was afraid, a few things have come up, and I'm just not going to have nearly the amount if time to devote to the domain event as I had hoped. Only one person has contacted me about it, so I'm not sure it's really an issue... what do you think, should we drop it for now, and perhaps pursue it later?

After receiving this from Dale, I considered having something informal at my house since only 8 people registered at DollarSigns.com. Then I read about domainroundtable.com. I don't see any exclusionary verbiage on the site and I don't see a $1K fee for in the clique or $5K fee for not in the clique. Looks like a good option to me.

Maybe you need to read the updates about TRAFFIC 2005 on the advertising thread. There is no GRUDGE LIST or any other such animal. NOBODY has been refused an invitation.

Additionally, there is now TRAFFIC WEST in LAS VEGAS May 24th thru May 27th. We will focus on domain HIJACKINGS and $200 of the $795 fee goes to hiring a LOBBYIST for the industry. Even folks that HATE ME will benefit!!!

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
Maybe you need to read the updates about TRAFFIC 2005 on the advertising thread. There is no GRUDGE LIST or any other such animal. NOBODY has been refused an invitation.

Additionally, there is now TRAFFIC WEST in LAS VEGAS May 24th thru May 27th. We will focus on domain HIJACKINGS and $200 of the $795 fee goes to hiring a LOBBYIST for the industry. Even folks that HATE ME will benefit!!!

Here are BOTH links:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=82339

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=81062

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz wrote:

++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rick,

People were excluded under your 2004 GRUDGE LIST. Unless everybody is now welcome, the GRUDGE LIST stands. "Invitation only" looks like a sugar coating of the exact same product.

With all your money, I don't know why you don't just hire the lobbyist yourself, or tap the big players in this industry for $10,000 each. Hijacking only hits hard when the property is very valueable, and many newbie domainers haven't yet accumulated big assets.

$795 is alot of money to most of the folks in this business, but it's one hours work to you.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems it's always the same people that use this forum to gang up on Rick.

I mentioned before this will not be tolerated against any members.

Thread closed.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom