Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

**scam alert - dnforum member Big Name Lover

Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did see the neg rep, but he sent me the $900 in paypal after asked for Escrow, and it's tough to not take the cash on the table.

Now I need to do the following: convince paypal that transfer to godaddy usernumber and email consists of proof of shipping adress/tracking and acceptance by that individual equates to a signature of receipt. Hmmm, seems easy enough to me. Will Paypal budge, doubt it.

Mr. Dicker, if my GD acct rep MFear, cant help, can you? Changing Paypal seller protection service to include GD transfer for proof of shipping address would be one small step for man, ey?

PV

So sad to see you go through this... unfortunately PayPal will not protect Domain Owners

Now the chargeback, you can say the product you sold is INTANGIBLE - meaning, their no protection for the buyer!

You should be okay

2002mjf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It really bothers me to read this thread.....Last June I was scammed out of a domain and neither Paypal or Godaddy were any help.....I hope you get better results than I did.....Best of luck, Mark

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there are some good moving parts to work with..

the sale was refuted, and ensuing chargeback made, because the paypal account used by big name lover wasnt purportedly big name lover's..

whether they are one and of the same or know each other, don't know.

but paypal claims that it doesnt matter for me, and i will be well on my way if i can show tracking/shipping, and now, say signature may be an element as well.

well. i'd rather make the acct/name transfer to shipping/receipt analogy argument than deal with the fact per se that the inappropriate paypal acct was used. That would be something I could not change.

let's see where this all goes.

the sale was refuted, and ensuing chargeback made, because the paypal account used by big name lover wasnt purportedly big name lover's..

but paypal claims that it doesnt matter for me, and i will be well on my way if i can show tracking/shipping, and now, say signature may be an element as well.

well. i'd rather make the acct/name transfer to shipping/receipt analogy argument than deal with the fact per se that the inappropriate paypal acct was used. That would be something I could not change.

i did pass the bar the first time :yes:

i did pass the bar the first time :yes:

can a mod clean my 3x post mess hahha

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I did see the neg rep, but he sent me the $900 in paypal after asked for Escrow, and it's tough to not take the cash on the table.

It's really not cash, unless you can withdraw it from your Paypal debit card before Paypal removes it from your account.

Aside from neg trader rating, This is where you really went wrong; When somebody does the opposite of what you ask them to do, it should serve as a BIG RED FLAG, People do things for a reason and when your figure out what those reasons are, you can better protect yourself against stuff like this.

You should of returned the funds and sent him a Escrow invoice at that point... Scammers wont use Escrow because they have to FAX in Photo ID and credit card information with a signature, You dont have to do that with Paypal.

chamac

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MFear is my godaddy rep, and neither he, nor godaddy, nor paypal would do anything.
Paypal will not help because it is an intangible item.
Godaddy would not help because I chose to perform the transaction; although I have been scammed in the past (it took one time to learn) they basically said it was my problem because I chose to do it.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
just... be more cautious in the future and take this as a hard lesson to learn.

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well its not over yet. lesson still...

yes i did removed the funds from paypal. so i have a -8xx there at the momment.

no, GD will be prudent to help me. I need to show the goods are shipped, c'mon, where's the faith??:-/

namebank

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was cheated by the same way via PAYPAL.
1. Money Received
2. Domain Pushed
3. Money Returned Back to the SCAMMER or another third party.
I will never use PAYPAL again.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's really not cash, unless you can withdraw it from your Paypal debit card before Paypal removes it from your account.

still not really cash then... because paypal will just make your account negative whatever the amount was.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
still not really cash then... because paypal will just make your account negative whatever the amount was.

True, Now although I have never tried this, I'm almost certain you can create a new account so long as you use a different bank account #.

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes and no, paypal retains the rights to place a hold on buyer/seller's bank acct for any reason per tos, so there is really no win on this point.

a key issue here is - are domains goods pursuant to paypal's protection policies, can they be shipped and received..

well how much business do you figure paypal rakes in annually from domain sales? how many new clients does GD retain/acquire by transferring domain pursuant to sales via paypal. these two co's want to help our industry or put on an intentional blind eye? :approve:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well how much business do you figure paypal rakes in annually from domain sales? how many new clients does GD retain/acquire by transferring domain pursuant to sales via paypal. these two co's want to help our industry or put on an intentional blind eye? :approve:
A very good and great argument, imo.

If domains are treated as "non-tangible" per PayPal's TOS, then PayPal certainly is making a killing off of GD, eNom, Moniker and every registrar accepting PayPal. Renewals, transfer fees, reg fee - all graciously accepted by PayPal facilitating the sale, the purchase, the transfer.

In a matter of dollars, PayPal needs to consider that for a non-tangible, those millions surely must add up to something.

Years ago, when I attempted to recover 19 domains purchased but never transferred, I attempted the appeal of "Not Investigatible" by using PayPals own transactions as reference material for specific domain names.

The domains were purchased via PayPal, the seller accepted the funds, each name was specifically mentioned, and PayPal also had the needed information for verification of identity and address of both the buyer and seller.

I called PayPal's attention to the WHOIS directory, explained how to use it, demonstrated to them how to use that information to determine ownership and updates to the WHOIS. For a "non-tangible" item, there was certainly no end to the data to prove transfer and ownership. By simply matching up the WHOIS data to the PayPal records, it was easy to see that the seller of the domains still retained the purchased "goods" and they had not been "transferred/shipped" to me.

This was a massive waste of time on my part.

Only after I contacted the British Authorities was I able to get the domains transferred to me.

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
go to domaincow.net some time later and your domains should be up there for sale. quite a few domainers got scammed in the xxxx range by this person so you were quite lucky.

PVFARKAS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
update: GoDaddy does appear to be helping. Still sending in various supporting documents to PayPal. I will continue to make this an issue - for my sale, but more for the industry considering the time i'm putting in..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom