Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scam alert !!!

• Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4749

Someone is hijacking domain names, often domain names of active sites and put my information in whois record.

I got contacted by one of the guys whom i know from Legal Dept of NetSol...

check out

ocj.com
flyguycrew.com

I'm sure that the guy who does it knows me and probably knows some of you as well, so watch out.

If you have any information on whom it might be, contact me, if we catch the guy, you'll get $5000.

Yakov

D

Deleted member 4749

Someone is hijacking domain names, often domain names of active sites and put my information in whois record.

I got contacted by one of the guys whom i know from Legal Dept of NetSol...

check out

ocj.com
flyguycrew.com

I'm sure that the guy who does it knows me and probably knows some of you as well, so watch out.

If you have any information on whom it might be, contact me, if we catch the guy, you'll get $5000.

Yakov

D

Deleted member 4749

This is an active site and according to the owners, their domain was hijacked.
Idiots hijack even active sites.

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yakov, as you listed, both are with Network Solutions.

Are they doing it with any other registrars?

Does NetSol know how they are getting in?

Do you have an idea who it might be?

And, why are they going thru this effort?

Besides, to just aggravate you.

D

Deleted member 4749

actnow said:
Yakov, as you listed, both are with Network Solutions.

Are they doing it with any other registrars?

Does NetSol know how they are getting in?

Do you have an idea who it might be?

And, why are they going thru this effort?

Besides, to just aggravate you.

I think the what they do is only try to harm me.

Who might it be? Competitors.

I hav't hear anything about other registrars and I doubt they can hack other registrars but it seems to be just a start.

NetSol knows, I talked to them.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I took a look around, but its hard to find anything with so little information.

The registrars could easily change the information back, but that doesn't stop it from happening again. I would go to the source.

I would request the last known IP#'s that logged into those domain names from networksolutions. Then contact the ISP that uses those IP#'s and request the personal details on the users (You can do a "reverse ip lookup"). If the ISP doesn't cooperate, get their local authorities involved. If it happens from an Internet cafe, request the surveillance video of the users during the time/day that the IP was used to access those domains. Then you might have a face to go along with the IP#. And, possibly a creditcard receipt for using the Internet access.

RMF

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
btw, this thread might be better in the lounge...a more private area.

RMF

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How exactly are people hijacking domains, do they know your password?

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
maybe fly.com use that domain as their admin email. :)

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
www.93.org/flyguycrew.com

Registrant:Muminovic, Bernard (FLYGUYCREW-DOM) 23-25 29th Ave Astoria, NY 11102 US Domain Name: FLYGUYCREW.COM Administrative Contact, Technical Contact: Muminovic, Bernard (37640506P) [email protected] 23-25 29th Ave Astoria, NY 11102 US 917-340-8928 Record expires on 05-Mar-2005. Record created on 05-Mar-1999. Database last updated on 2-Apr-2004 21:25:20 EST. Domain servers in listed order: DNS-04.NS.AOL.COM 205.188.157.238 DNS-06.NS.AOL.COM 149.174.211.8

Guess they changed it back

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would request the last known IP#'s that logged into those domain names from networksolutions. Then contact the ISP that uses those IP#'s and request the personal details on the users (You can do a "reverse ip lookup"). If the ISP doesn't cooperate, get their local authorities involved. If it happens from an Internet cafe, request the surveillance video of the users during the time/day that the IP was used to access those domains. Then you might have a face to go along with the IP#. And, possibly a creditcard receipt for using the Internet access.

If not NSI, the ISPs would require a court order most likely.

I

impactadmin

Hi,

There are many sneaky ways advanced users can highjack domains. Although it is not easy, and not many are capable, it is still possible. It is very important to stay up to date with your domains and know exactly where they are at all times.

It is also beneficial to have them locked down with your registrar.

If you do find out or know of someone who is hijacking domains please make us aware so we can notify members of the forums to be ware.

Impactadmin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom