Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

netznutz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A guy with a very credible email return adress (4-letter top domain, real website with a 100% matching topic) requested my asking price for my domain SoundMarket.net, which I promptly returned.

Here his answer:

SoundMarket.net is our best option but I don't want to overpay. Do you have an appraisal certificate for your name? I need an independent and professional valuation. Please note that I don't trust free or unprofessional appraisals. I don't want to overpay. It can be an appraisal certificate from www.greatdomains.com or www.domainsultan.com or hollywooddomains.com. It does not matter because I trust all these companies.

His email adress and first request sounded rock solid - but the required greatdomains appraisal rang the alarm bell. Scam?

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problem, good to keep everyone aware of scams :)

Chosen

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Always check to see if that "rock" solid domain-name has a free email-service :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ummm,

Greatdomains is owned by verisign.

Surely VS isnt sending these out..

Is he hoping you will go with a different appraisal company?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, scam. I got this email too. He asks about your domain, and when you give him a price, he asks for an appraisal cert. He only lists greatdomains to make it look credible. He hopes you will choose one of the lower priced appraisal companies, which are his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom