Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Scammer accountss, moderators, banned accounts, and CYOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i think the push last year or so to get members verified was the right approach. Adam needs to push this more...

Even though a verified seal doesn't mean much, it might deter some scammers since they do have to fax a couple of utilities + verification documents to Admins here.

I definitely agree with that :eek:k:

Another idea would be "phone verification" maybe? Something like that provides an easy way for members to get verified and maybe a random call once or twice after the member becomes exclusive (or even platinum) to confirm that's still their phone number. A phone number is powerful in tracing scammers...oh wait don't do this since I don't got a phone :sigh2:

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Those of you who are looking for DNF to become the standard 'FBI' of the industry are asking far too much. There are 'best practices' to consider, but no forum is going to offer you indemnity. This forum actually has taken its consideration of members' security to the furthest point possible. In reality, you have to have a 'caveat emptor' approach. Yes, all IP addresses are logged and recorded for x-reference, but that won't stop a scammer at all. At the end of the day, it's up to you to make a valued and researched calculation as to who you want to do business with.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Where is the Diamond membership, I'll pay for it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom