Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Scammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, yesterday i posted a message looking for a poker site i received an offer on a website which i really liked i thought it had alot of potential and jumped on the opptunity i sent the $300 to the guy so he would send the files and domain then i would send the rest of the payment.
I was on msn too him he seemed to be pretty nice but after i sent payment he immediately signed off and i never heard from him again, im guessing he will get the money out of paypal ASAP so i cant recover it.
Is there any way i can put a hold on the payment so he cannot do this?
Should i contact paypal or just file a claim?
Any other suggestions are muchly appreciated.

Morgan

Ceqix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You cant put a hold but you can call/email paypal asap and let them know what happend, they will put a freeze on his account and get both sides of the incident, if he sells websites frequently and has a business account, they wont allow him to recieve any more payments untill this issue is resolved.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt be worried if he was a frequent seller but his account is an unverified account with no feedback score so he could just take the money out of his account, and ill never see it again.

drpepper said:
You cant put a hold but you can call/email paypal asap and let them know what happend, they will put a freeze on his account and get both sides of the incident, if he sells websites frequently and has a business account, they wont allow him to recieve any more payments untill this issue is resolved.

Edder

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just file a claim and you'll receive your money back in 10 days without going through all the hassle of contacting the seller. The reps at Paypal will attempt to do that for you.

And this situation has happened to me before with an owned vB license that seemed like a steal. I filed a claim since the seller had blocked me on AIM. :(

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He won't receive the money back if the seller doesn't have it in his account.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And also you need to pretend it was tangible goods, otherwise Paypal will answer "sorry, no money back for intangible goods".

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not good, i just sent an e-mail too paypal with what had happened including it was for a website and a domain name.
The thing thats on my side is i havea verified 79 feedback account where as the seller has an unverified 0 feedback account.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Another reason why we need the feedback system up and running asap.

SigRent.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Heres an update, i e-mailed paypal with my problem like usual i receive a meesage obviously copy and pasted and has no relavance to the situation at all so im not sure whats happening with them.
I pmed shawn to ask for the guys IP adress although he is not able to give me it for privacy reasons even though this guy is just stealing peoples money.
So im at abit of a loss i cant really do anything too re coupe my money its kinda sad that this can happen and there is nothing you can do.

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
is there anyway to let us know who it was you were dealing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom