Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Search Engine Help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me a hand?

I have been trying to get my site into google for a couple months now, and no luck. I dont know what I am doing wrong, because I done this successfully for many other sites. If you can give me a few minutes of your time and a free submission to Google and Yahoo (I know sites can be sneaked in there) I would greatly appreciate it. For the site address and all that, please PM me.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it....

Daniel

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, well you guys found me wrong pretty quick...

Its still annoying because I am not anywhere in the popular searches...there are many sections of my site:

American Cars, Euro Cars, Asian Cars, Image Gallery, Comparisons, Articles, Reviews, News, etc

I figure if I can get all the pages from the site into google, and have them ranked quite high, the site could get some amazing traffic....I am using meta tags and all that, but what else can be done?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edit: what else can be done freely?

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get other people to link to you.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(good) SEO is an art.

Dont expect it for cheap.

And the cheap ones are generally crap imo :-D

C0113c70r

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great looking site, and your Robots.txt file appears valid. Here are some suggestions.

1. Get rid of the whitespace at the top of the page.
2. Remove the Meta HTTP-Equiv="Expires" tag
3. Your Author and Copyright tags contain irrelevant information
4. Rethink your keywords. First get rid of the commas. Now take your most important keywords and rearrange them at the top of the keywords list so that they make a somewhat logical statement when read from either the first word in the list, or from any other word in the statement.
5. Rethink your Description tag. You're using too many "stop-words" such as 'the' and 'top'.
6. Your Revisit tag looks like spam to the engines. Change from 1 day to 15 days.
7. Get rid of the Generator tag - it's 100% useless and only serves as a silent promoter of the software product.
8. Your use of dark (black) text on a dark (dark-blue) body background may look like spam to some engines, even though you used a white background in the table cell in which the text appears. Try giving the body tag a white background, then using a table with a dark background as the page's apparent background - set the body margintop=0 marginright=0 marginleft=0 to hide the white background, then set the outer table width=100% border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0. This technique may help a bit.
9. The footer text is way too small, and may be viewed by some search engines as an attempt to spam them. Enlarge this text just a bit.
10. Give your document a Googlebot tag
11. Design your 404 page to look like a mirror of your index page, but with absolute urls to all items including images. If you check your logs, you'll probably see that googlebot has been to your site, that it found the 404 page, and that it left without first looking around.

Using one of the common search engines, do a search for "authentic thai cuisine". Within the first few results you'll find "Busaba's Thai Cuisine" - go there, then take a look at the source. Looking at the meta statements may be a bit helpful if you know what to look for. This is one of my successes in web site optimization and top ranking.

-- C0113c70r

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wow, that is some really good help. I am going to go and change a whole bunch of stuff now, the easiest stuff first, wish me luck!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, I changed the META tags, but now I am getting a stupid 'parse error'

let me go figure this out....stupid php....lol

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Steen
Dont expect it for cheap.
I have to agree with that. ;)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have already submitted to dmoz....

can anyone help with my php issue? If anyone is really good with PHP please pm me and I will show you the messed up code...thanks

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Post the code that is in includes/meta.php, so we can have a look at it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out what the problem was, if I still am having problems I will post the code here....

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
problem with Meta tags fixed. I can't figure out how to take some of the white space out though....the code is so spread out....argh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom