Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Security Alert to Moniker.com Customer's --- Credit Card Fraud at Moniker

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday 5-12-2015 I went to check my Moniker Account and discovered somebody else had already Been there and Used my Credit at my PayPal account because I had "5" "Unauthorized & Illegal Charges" on my Moniker.com account to Renew "4" of my Moniker Domains plus a # 5 for also Adding a Privacy to One of these Domains that I Did Not Authorize and Did Not Want to Renew at this Time ... (i can add more to this info later if needed)...

So at that point I started to signed off To Call PayPay --- And Up Pop's This Fake PayPal Website Page with This Message to Me --- The Following is The illegal & Fake Message i got from the Fake PayPal Page --- I Saved it --- and it's URL Link --- PayPal also has This Too: >>> :

PayPal
There was a technical issue
Information Message"
We're sorry, but a problem occurred during your last action. Your account has not been charged. Please close this window and try again.
PayPal policies Terms Privacy

So later after PayPal (4:00 am) opened I called and talked to three sharp PayPal Agents who all agreed it would be Best to Close the Account Now -- Which I Did...

*** My Quick & Short Opinion on the Situation at Moniker.com --- And Tips on what You can Do to Prevent Things or Keeping Things from Happening at Moniker !!!

#1 --- Moniker is Really a Potentially -- Great Domain -- Business -- Company & Registrar...

#2 --- At Moniker There is Really NOBODY in CHARGE of Anything or Any Problems...

#3 --- I Really Believe --- The Owner's Partner's & Investor's Have No Idea what is Going on at Moniker (no pun is intended on this at all ) ...

#4 --- Takes 10 to 40 Minutes for Customer Service to answer the Moniker Telephone...
* Does Anybody Believe Apple Computer or Dell Computer's or 7-11 would still be Around Today as Major Business Leader's --- if they took an avg. 20 minutes to answer the Telephone or Wait on a Customer...
* Note -- Moniker.com Customer Service Does usually Solve The Problem when you do reach them and they are Always Good at helping You Get it Right...

#5 --- Check All of your Account Settings often and Domain Setting's & Changes Often...
#6 --- Your Statement's --- Your Transaction's --- Your Settings --- Renewal Dates --- DNS Changes --- Your Landing Pages...

Domain summit 2024

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
easiest thing would be to move your names out as soon as possible. good luck.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remain there, happy, never a theft I know of and to me that is worth waiting for service. I can get quicker service else where BUT I can also steal a domain from them in no time over the phone.

As far as the paypal issue, sounds to me like you were phished OR forgot what your settings were and they used your balance or charged you for your renewal(s).

Curious, why would a thief use your paypal to renew your domains that were expiring and keep privacy? So they hacked in, sent funds to moniker to top up paypal and renew? Sorry that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Unless they also stole (domains/cash from paypal) they are either the nicest hackers around or really thought you needed to renew those names.

Just my opinion.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jp it's good you like them and you're happy there. looks like you have no concerns about all security issues they have had. imo you should move all high priced domains out of there because they do not have the two factor verification at log-in they need. any other serious registrar does. even resellers are doing it. just my opinion tho. if you went for the domain-lock or portfolio-lock their pricing is ridiculous so why not just move your names away.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear you but to date I am happy and no I have no security concerns. You have to understand that regardless of the rar when someone phishes of key logs it makes no difference.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hear you but to date I am happy and no I have no security concerns. You have to understand that regardless of the rar when someone phishes of key logs it makes no difference.
you may have not had any security concerns yet...but domains have been stolen from moniker in the past year. i had an ip log into my account lebanon shortly after their site change. luckily i had already transferred out my LLL.com and one letter .coms at that point otherwise i'm sure they'd of been stolen. they are inept. i still get auth codes that don't work when transferring out. have spent countless hours on the phone when them to get nowhere. eventually problems are solved but i don't know why you would give them your business after so many horror stories.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I carry on for one reason. I have never had an issue tbh. Sure customer service is not the best but it always has worked out.

As far as using another rar, I do, many, maybe 5-6 throughout a week but I have stayed the course with Moniker for nearly a decade or more now.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I carry on for one reason. I have never had an issue tbh. Sure customer service is not the best but it always has worked out.

As far as using another rar, I do, many, maybe 5-6 throughout a week but I have stayed the course with Moniker for nearly a decade or more now.
Well i hope that you never have any serious issues with them and you may not. personally i have chosen to move on mostly due to the horrible experience of the swtich to the new panel and the poor customer service. not to mention the prices are higher than i get elsewhere. had i not checked the ip address log (which is a nice feature) i'd of never known that someone using an ip from iran had successfully logged into my account.

Midnight Silver

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I remain there, happy, never a theft I know of and to me that is worth waiting for service. I can get quicker service else where BUT I can also steal a domain from them in no time over the phone.

As far as the paypal issue, sounds to me like you were phished OR forgot what your settings were and they used your balance or charged you for your renewal(s).

Curious, why would a thief use your paypal to renew your domains that were expiring and keep privacy? So they hacked in, sent funds to moniker to top up paypal and renew? Sorry that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Unless they also stole (domains/cash from paypal) they are either the nicest hackers around or really thought you needed to renew those names.

Just my opinion.

Hi JP, As far as what Moron or Moron's who would make illegal and Unauthorized Charges on my Moniker account i have no idea or control of them or their Motive --- But the possibility's are MANY !!!

This "Amateur Moron or Moron's may be Trying very hard and Practicing to become an expert in the Domain & Cash Theft Business and is testing out the Situation at Moniker.com...

At this Point this could be an --- inside job --- or --- an outside job ? ? ?

Moniker has had Major Security Problem's for a Long Time and it is a fairly Well Known Fact to the Many World-Wide Scumbags and Domain Thieves out there trying to cash in on this deal...

Anyway thanks much for the input...

easiest thing would be to move your names out as soon as possible. good luck.
Definitely Excellent Advice domainoid --- And Thanks to you very much...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators