Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo agents - what's their role?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
A Sedo agent emailed me - some Mary - inquiring about whether a domain parked with Sedo is for sale and how much I'd sell it for.

The domain is parked with Sedo AND has an asking price tagged on it.

Don't they check their own database?

Instead, when I replied with my price she had the nerve to respond with a pompous email about "canceling the acquisition" because her client's offer was a fraction of my asking price and fair value for the domain.

I had to laugh with the phrase "canceling the acquisition". You can't cancel something that hasn't started yet.

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Acroplex,

A domain acquisition was ordered because the buyer does not speak English. This is actually common practice when the buyer and seller do not speak the same language. This is one of the reasons we offer the service.

Also common practice is for the broker to find out what you would like for the domain. You have the domain listed for a minimum price, but no set price, thus, the need to ask.

It's all standard practice and nothing out of the ordinary.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What happens when my minimum offer is 300 Euro and I get a broker offering me 150 Euro? What should reply to that? I try to be nice but some people over at sedo challenge me every day.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Exactly my point.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In my experience Sedo is not too good when it comes to acting as brokers.

Three times I hired them for their normal broker fee to buy names and every time they screwed up one way or the other. On the first one they wasted lots of time (many days) looking for someone who could speak Turkish since they only assumed the seller in Turkey did not speak any English. I got tired of waiting so simply paid the listed price without singthe broker and it turned out he spoke good English anyway so the translator nonsense was a waste of time and effort.

The second time they had ongoing server problems and every time I went to make an offer the server said the name was no longer listed in error. I called Sedo and they denied they could have server issues saying in not so many words I was dreaming it. Later they said they contacted the seller and could not get a discount for me and I had to pay the listed price. I did not believe it so contacted the seller myself direct thru Whois. He said no one from Sedo had contacted him and sold me the name for 1/3 less than the listed price.

On another name I simply did not get along with the Sedo broker who IMO had a non-respectful and rushed attitude saying she did not really have time to speak to me on several occasions and acting unfriendly. I complained about it and went direct to the seller and again got the name for less money than the broker was going to get it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom