Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo and BuyDomains Partnership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did Sedo and BuyDomains reach a partnership? I was checking one of my domains today that is parked with Sedo.com and it has BuyDomain's info on it "This domain is for sale. Click or call 001-781-839-2888 outside the U.S." and when I click on the link it forwards to BuyDomains.com website? The name is Instant-Payday.com. But not all my names have BuyDomains info on it or forward to them. Does anyone know what's going on?

Did NameMedia buy out Sedo too?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is owned by a public company. I think it would be strange of them to sell to Name Media.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
These are domains owned by BD that are also listed at Sedo.
Sedo have similar arrangements for Ovidio...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMedia owns Afternic, and they recently added an 'exclusive' listing at Afternic which gets your domains shown on more websites, including Sedo, Register.com, BuyDomains, etc. They get a 20% commission for a sale, instead of the 10% from a regular listing at Afternic. This means Sedo and NameMedia must have some sort of partnership. So if you list your domains at Afternic Exchange, they'll show up at Sedo too if you have an 'exclusive' listing.

Found some more info on this at dnjournal:

Several companies coordinated news releases with this week's T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference in Las Vegas. In one major announcement, NameMedia unveiled their new ActiveExchange, a platform that allows domain owners to have their names listed for sale simultaneously at BuyDomains.com, Afternic.com and more than 55 resellers in North America, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the Middle East. The service was previously reserved for names in the BuyDomains portfolio.

http://www.dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMedia owns Afternic, and they recently added an 'exclusive' listing at Afternic which gets your domains shown on more websites, including Sedo, Register.com, BuyDomains, etc. They get a 20% commission for a sale, instead of the 10% from a regular listing at Afternic. This means Sedo and NameMedia must have some sort of partnership. So if you list your domains at Afternic Exchange, they'll show up at Sedo too if you have an 'exclusive' listing.

Found some more info on this at dnjournal:

Several companies coordinated news releases with this week's T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conference in Las Vegas. In one major announcement, NameMedia unveiled their new ActiveExchange, a platform that allows domain owners to have their names listed for sale simultaneously at BuyDomains.com, Afternic.com and more than 55 resellers in North America, the Asia-Pacific region, Europe and the Middle East. The service was previously reserved for names in the BuyDomains portfolio.

http://www.dnjournal.com/lowdown.htm

Thanks Hugegrowth!!! Exactly what I wanted to know!

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused on something with this Expanded Promotion (as Afternic calls it). I already have all my names listed at Afternic and Sedo. If I were to check Expanded Promotion for a name, and it sells at Sedo, will I then pay 20% instead of the 10% I contracted with Sedo for originally? And what does Afternic actually do on Sedo with my name? Does it insert a listing (or replace mine currently there)? Or does it merely advertise on there? Or..... What the heck is it there are doing?

I don't have a problem paying 20% if I got a lot more sales out of the deal, since I'm in the game for sales, not parking income, so it might be interesting, as long as I don't lose my 10% at Sedo I have now.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't figured that out yet either. If you have names listed at Sedo and at Afternic Exchange, and your name sells at Sedo, how does the commission work? Probably depends on what link the buyer clicks at Sedo to make the purchase. Or, maybe Sedo blocks names from Afternic that are already listed there. If anyone finds out please post.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Great info...Thanks Hugegrowth!

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Afternic sent me an email that didn't really answer my questions except to say that if sold on Sedo that Sedo would get the 10% commission. But, they could not really answer how they marketed their names on Sedo for you.

I asked Sedo and they told me they did not know of any partnership with Afternic. I sent them the screenshot from the Afternic Listing page with Sedo's logo on it and I'm awaiting their reply.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked Sedo and they told me they did not know of any partnership with Afternic. I sent them the screenshot from the Afternic Listing page with Sedo's logo on it and I'm awaiting their reply.

That's too funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom