Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo and potential conflict trademark rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few years back I was contacted by a crazy foreign person (best way to describe him based on his outrageous emails) who claimed I was infringing his trademark. Basically, he wanted to steal my name away from me without any serious claim (i.e. reverse hijack). Somehow he convinced Sedo there was a "problem" and they took the name off their listings. Now if I try to add the name I get the "potential conflict of trademark" message.

Since then I learned this guy is now in jail (does not surprise me) and his "business" is shut down. So, I'd like Sedo to reverse this nonsense and let me add the domain back.

Has anyone dealt with Sedo and trademark conflict? Is there someone in particular I should be talking to at Sedo about this?
I fear I won't get very far talking to the general customer service reps.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fear I won't get very far talking to the general customer service reps.

I'd give it a try anyway. If they give you the "I can't help you" BS, I'd ask to be transferred to their legal counsel, since they are likely responsible for such a restriction in the first place.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how do you know you won't get far by talking with general cs reps...before you've tried.

do you have an account manager?

do you have documentation that the person who filed claim, is now in prison for crime relating to that domain in some way?

did you do a tm search on the domain name?

Chappy

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to get through to the Cambridge office but no-one was picking up (seems odd), hence I posted here.
I'll keep trying.

The only TM exists in Canada (I'm in US). His business bore the same name in Canada (I have the .com, he had the .ca) but now that doesn't even exist and he has let the .ca domain drop (hence it's available to register).

His crime was not domain related. It was reported in the local newspapers that he was charged with drunk driving that resulted in the death of another man. Ugly stuff.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've been trying to get through to the Cambridge office but no-one was picking up (seems odd), hence I posted here.

It's the corporate party today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom