Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sedo auction - how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone demystify this?

I tried Sedo about a year ago but didnt bother to price any domains I listed. Now i'm not even sure how to price them. The site isnt clear to me, nor are the canned responses i get from them. I only see two columns, one for 'price', the other for 'minimum offer'

price column is for 'fixed' price only
minimum offer column is only used as a filtering mechanism to prevent lowball offers.

What am I missing? Are you not able to set a reserve price? Its making me feel dumb. But that's obviously not possible. :cool:

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anyone demystify this?

I tried Sedo about a year ago but didnt bother to price any domains I listed. Now i'm not even sure how to price them. The site isnt clear to me, nor are the canned responses i get from them. I only see two columns, one for 'price', the other for 'minimum offer'

price column is for 'fixed' price only
minimum offer column is only used as a filtering mechanism to prevent lowball offers.

What am I missing? Are you not able to set a reserve price? Its making me feel dumb. But that's obviously not possible. :cool:
Hi HomerJ
You would only need a reserve if your name goes to auction
You make the decision to sell , to decline , or to send to auction once you receive an offer
In effect the minimum offer will be your reserve , after you have received an offer and decided to send to auction

So just fill out the 2 fields , making sure the minimum offer is less than the price, and that the price is one you would accept

Don't forget SEDO also provide you with a URL to showcase your names and an affiliate id to profit from someone elses sales

The syntax of that URL is
www.sedo.com/search/searchresult.php4?language=us&showuser=YOUR SEDO USER ID&partnerid=YOUR SEDO AFFILIATE ID

You can PM me if you want to

rhyspalmer

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My auction was unsuccessful because whoever bought my domain ($500 from $60 bid start), had a bad account or something. Do I have to wait again until someone offers my a bid to start an auction?

Anyone on Sedo want to do so? No need to pay if you win, which I doubt you will, as the domain will defintiely go in excess of $200, just hope there is no bad buyers this time.

Just getting rid of the domain at the moment because of the $AUD price compared to $USD. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom